Resource icon

[tl] Thread Symbiotics [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy ($21.38)
Does this follow the forum permissions? If members have no posting permission in certain forums they wont be able to select those forums in the 'Destination forums' options?
Yes it works perfect.

This add-on has been a great addition to my forum.

Often there are threads that kind of belong into another forum or could stay in its current one. I tag them with symbiotic and voila... thread now lives in multiple threads and follows rules. For example thread prefixes get observed so if one thread prefix is not enabled in the target thread the prefix will not follow the thread.

It's great to draw attention to forums less visited via the attention of a busy bee forum. Every forum needs this.

Is it possible to add an option in XF settings to show an indicator for symbiotic threads to distinguish them from regular threads? A font awesome icon before the thread title maybe? Something like this will be added in the XF settings...

FA Icon Indicator: ____________________ (leave blank for none)

It seems like having too many thread symbiotics (5 to 10) messes them up somehow.
Most symlink threads redirect to the wrong thread.

Any chance anybody else has run into this issue, and knows what's causing it?

I bought this addon, but the option for thread symbiotic is not active in the drop down menue of the thread.

I bought this addon, but the option for thread symbiotic is not active in the drop down menue of the thread.
did you check uaergroups > permission and enabled it for those that shall have this new super power?

Hey Hey!
We had a similar desire for linking threads in multiple forums, so I gave it a try with this plugin.
Linking itself works perfectely, but I discovered, that the linked thread doesn't count into the forum statistics visible at /forums/.
Also a linked thread doesn't show up in the sneak peak column at /forums/ where the last commented thread is shown.

Any idea for a quick fix or hack to have linked threads in those stats? @truonglv

For our case this plugin would not work otherwise, as we would have forums with 0 threads and no visible activity at all :(

Hey Hey!
We had a similar desire for linking threads in multiple forums, so I gave it a try with this plugin.
Linking itself works perfectely, but I discovered, that the linked thread doesn't count into the forum statistics visible at /forums/.
Also a linked thread doesn't show up in the sneak peak column at /forums/ where the last commented thread is shown.

Any idea for a quick fix or hack to have linked threads in those stats? @truonglv

For our case this plugin would not work otherwise, as we would have forums with 0 threads and no visible activity at all :(
Same for me! Is there an option to show the most recent post next to the "copied" forum too?

Testing this myself today....in my case, I saw this as a way for forum supporting Vendors to make one product promo-thread and to share that thread link across multiple forums.

First, once the "symbiotic" is created, there is no means to remove those links other than finding each of them individually. You CAN delete them, but you need to manually search them out in each forum.

Second, there is no record of where the symbiotic is shared, including the original thread.

The ablity to mass-search symbiotic threads would be very useful for removing them down the road.

Top Bottom