Resource icon

[tl] Style Permissions [Paid] 2.0.2

No permission to buy ($16.16)
I think I figured it out, however I am using version 1.0.4a . There seems to be an error "invalid user" when specifying more than one specific users. One works fine.

This has been an excellent add on for me.

We use it so people who upgrade/upgraded to a new usergroup, can select to use a style which doesn't have ads.

However, I've found that users who allow their upgrade to expire, who are no longer in the usergroup to use the style without ads, are still remaining with the style without ads.

Any ideas?

This has been an excellent add on for me.

We use it so people who upgrade/upgraded to a new usergroup, can select to use a style which doesn't have ads.

However, I've found that users who allow their upgrade to expire, who are no longer in the usergroup to use the style without ads, are still remaining with the style without ads.

Any ideas?
Change it so the ads doesn’t show to the premium groups. That solves everything.

Change it so the ads doesn’t show to the premium groups. That solves everything.

Thanks, but it doesn't - I want members who upgrade to premium have the option to disable ads, which is why I use this add-on to allow them to select a style without ad units.

80% who upgrade keep ads on you see.

Thanks, but it doesn't - I want members who upgrade to premium have the option to disable ads, which is why I use this add-on to allow them to select a style without ad units.

80% who upgrade keep ads on you see.
Yes it does, because that's how my boards do it. It works perfectly without having to dedicate a whole style to accomplish no ads.

You can use XF Conditionals:

Code:
<xf:if is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([x, y])}}">
Ad unit content
</xf:if>

Replace the X, Y with non-premium group IDs.
You can of course add more too, ex; [4, 5, 6, 7, 8]

Edit:

Oh, you want the option, you can still do this, create a user field where they select if they want it enable/disable.

Do it here:
admin.php?custom-user-fields/add

Use "Options for choice fields"

Name = premiumdisableads
value = enable & disable

Then use this code:
Code:
<xf:if is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([x, y])}">
Ad unit content
<xf:elseif is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([a, b])} AND {{$xf.visitor.Profile.custom_fields.premiumdisableads == 'disable'}}" />
Ad unit content

Put the premium group ID or IDs in the second "elseif is" condition.

Last edited:
And if you manage to do what I've instructed above, I believe you can use this add-on:

To limit the specific customer user field to the Premium group.

Yes it does, because that's how my boards do it. It works perfectly without having to dedicate a whole style to accomplish no ads.

You can use XF Conditionals:

Code:
<xf:if is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([x, y])}}">
Ad unit content

Replace the X, Y with non-premium group IDs.
You can of course add more too, ex; [4, 5, 6, 7, 8]

Edit:

Oh, you want the option, you can still do this, create a user field where they select if they want it enable/disable.

Do it here:
admin.php?custom-user-fields/add

Use "Options for choice fields"

Name = premiumdisableads
value = enable & disable

Then use this code:
Code:
<xf:if is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([x, y])}">
Ad unit content
<xf:elseif is="{{$xf.visitor.isMemberOf([a, b])} AND {{$xf.visitor.Profile.custom_fields.premiumdisableads == 'disable'}}" />
Ad unit content

Put the premium group ID or IDs in the second "elseif is" condition.

And if you manage to do what I've instructed above, I believe you can use this add-on:

To limit the specific customer user field to the Premium group.

Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it. I'll hopefully be able to work this out over the weekend

Top Bottom