Resource icon

[tl] Style Permissions [Paid] 2.0.2

No permission to buy ($16.16)
I set this up on my forum so that one of the styles is supposed to only be available for administrators, but a member has notified me that he can use it. I logged in with a test account and was able to do the same. It worked when I tested it after first installing it. I tried disabling add ons that I installed after this one, but nothing changed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Style Permissions and that didn't help either. Any ideas?

I set this up on my forum so that one of the styles is supposed to only be available for administrators, but a member has notified me that he can use it. I logged in with a test account and was able to do the same. It worked when I tested it after first installing it. I tried disabling add ons that I installed after this one, but nothing changed. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Style Permissions and that didn't help either. Any ideas?
What is your XenForo version?

Okay just upgraded everything. This works now, but it does show the hidden themes as options with an asterisk after it. When the user clicks on it, it doesn't load the new theme, but it's a little weird they can see things they don't have permission to use. Is it possible to hide the options from people who are not in the usergroups that have permission to use them?

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 12.08.09.webp

Okay just upgraded everything. This works now, but it does show the hidden themes as options with an asterisk after it. When the user clicks on it, it doesn't load the new theme, but it's a little weird they can see things they don't have permission to use. Is it possible to hide the options from people who are not in the usergroups that have permission to use them?

View attachment 171201
Will update in next releases.

@truonglv this actually makes this add-on unusable for me. On our development board, our styles stay unchecked:

Since we ship them out like this, currently I have to enable them to view them on the front end. Can you make this an option or go back to how it was before? If anything... I feel like it should be stripped out completely and just make it all permission based, so a style will only show to a usergroup if it's active or not if they have permissions to view it.

@truonglv this actually makes this add-on unusable for me. On our development board, our styles stay unchecked:
View attachment 188081

Since we ship them out like this, currently I have to enable them to view them on the front end. Can you make this an option or go back to how it was before? If anything... I feel like it should be stripped out completely and just make it all permission based, so a style will only show to a usergroup if it's active or not if they have permissions to view it.
To prevent another complaint this thing. I will add new option to turn on/off this feature.

To prevent another complaint this thing. I will add new option to turn on/off this feature.

I don't see why you just remove it completely to be honest, then users can still give permissions to disabled styles which will show on the front-end. If they don't have permission they won't see it.

Unfortunately, the update breaks the permissions. When "Remove unusable styles from list" is set to No and having a setup like this:

Any non-admin user can use the style.

Unfortunately, the update breaks the permissions. When "Remove unusable styles from list" is set to No and having a setup like this:

View attachment 188122

Any non-admin user can use the style.

I have set up like this and work fine. (XenForo 2.0.10)

User: truonglv (Admin): Can use
User: Shizuka: Can use
Guest + another user: Cannot use

Note: Guest + Another can select the style but when selected it's fallback to default.

Ok, I see that now but I'm sorry if a user doesn't have access to it they shouldn't view it on the style list at all. The same thing with any type of permission, if it's a private node users shouldn't be able to see it if they don't have access as an example.

Ok, I see that now but I'm sorry if a user doesn't have access to it they shouldn't view it on the style list at all. The same thing with any type of permission, if it's a private node users shouldn't be able to see it if they don't have access as an example.
Set option to Yes?

Set option to Yes?

And that goes back to my original problem, I need to see disabled styles but don't want my registered users to see disabled styles.

Suggestion: Remove that option completely and re-work the style list permissions. I'd say disabled styles should only be visible by admins no matter the permissions. Active styles take the permissions, so normal registered users won't see disabled styles and styles they have no permissions for that are active.

Top Bottom