Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
The following error pops up when some image files are used as group avatar.

1656336793488.png

example image used:

shutterstock_1592944909+-+Badminton+racket+and+shuttlecock+in+motion_1200px+JPEG.jpg

My server is using PHP8.1.7 Maybe this is the reason?

****You need to turn on the debug mode to see the above error.

Last edited:
@truonglv I'm Getting this error, any Ideas as I cant make any forums.

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Array to string conversion src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php:73
Generated by: Noble Jul 17, 2022 at 12:36 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Arr...', '/home/mysite...', 73)
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(73): mysqli_stmt->execute()
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(220): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1516): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_node', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1248): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(71): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(189): XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}(Object(XF\Mvc\FormAction))
#8 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(69): XF\Mvc\FormAction->run()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Truonglv\\Groups...', 'Add', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(28) "/group-forums/add?group_id=1"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://mysite.com/groups/noble-test.1/discussions"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["group_id"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["node"] => array(3) {
      ["title"] => string(9) "Off Topic"
      ["description"] => string(9) "dsadassgg"
      ["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "0"
    }
    ["min_tags"] => string(1) "0"
    ["allowed_watch_notifications"] => string(3) "all"
    ["default_sort_order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
    ["default_sort_direction"] => string(4) "desc"
    ["list_date_limit_days"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/groups/noble-test.1/discussions"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
@truonglv

Newest version of Xenforo. Newest version of this addon (3.3). Editing a TEXT only resource results in a “image attachment not found.”

@truonglv, i may be wrong but it seems that
the page navigation at the social groups media items is missing?
I only get 12 albums visible while i know for a fact that there are 20+ folders
in that group.
Just me or a bug ?

@truonglv - I'm having a strange issue with Social Groups. When the admin or a group owner views any of our social groups and tries to moderate members, some of the options are missing. Here, we'd like to add members who have accepted an invitation to the group, but they're never automatically added when they accept the invitation and are always in the "Invited" status.

This is for every social group. Do you know what could be causing it?

sg-issue.webp

@truonglv I'm Getting this error, any Ideas as I cant make any forums.

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Array to string conversion src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php:73
Generated by: Noble Jul 17, 2022 at 12:36 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Arr...', '/home/mysite...', 73)
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(73): mysqli_stmt->execute()
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(96): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(220): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1516): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_node', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1248): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(71): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/FormAction.php(189): XF\Mvc\FormAction->XF\Mvc\{closure}(Object(XF\Mvc\FormAction))
#8 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Pub/Controller/Forum.php(69): XF\Mvc\FormAction->run()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Truonglv\\Groups...', 'Add', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\Groups\Pub\Controller\Forum), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(28) "/group-forums/add?group_id=1"
  ["referrer"] => string(58) "https://mysite.com/groups/noble-test.1/discussions"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["group_id"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(10) {
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["node"] => array(3) {
      ["title"] => string(9) "Off Topic"
      ["description"] => string(9) "dsadassgg"
      ["parent_node_id"] => string(1) "0"
    }
    ["min_tags"] => string(1) "0"
    ["allowed_watch_notifications"] => string(3) "all"
    ["default_sort_order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
    ["default_sort_direction"] => string(4) "desc"
    ["list_date_limit_days"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(32) "/groups/noble-test.1/discussions"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
I have just tested without any problems. Did you still have it?

@truonglv - I'm having a strange issue with Social Groups. When the admin or a group owner views any of our social groups and tries to moderate members, some of the options are missing. Here, we'd like to add members who have accepted an invitation to the group, but they're never automatically added when they accept the invitation and are always in the "Invited" status.

This is for every social group. Do you know what could be causing it?

View attachment 271707
There are other options but it looks like you did not have right permissions.

There are other options but it looks like you did not have right permissions.
Can you please tell me what permissions to set differently for this to work? From what I can tell, I have all permissions enabled. I'm also an admin within the group itself. Screencap of my permissions below.

UPDATE: It seems like this is only happening on groups set to "secret." When a member is invited and clicks the link to accept, they are presented with this error:

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

Requested group could not be found.

On the group admin side, the user still remains as "invited" and are not moved to group member. The group admin is also not able to approve them manually as the options are blanked out as shown in my screenshot above.

admin-sg1.png

Also, I've sent you a couple messages on your site about rebranding and needing to change the registered URL for our installation. Can you please respond or send me the process for this?

Last edited:
With this add-on, can you limit the forum (and sub-forums) that an administrator creates? Personally I'd only want them to be able to create one or two nodes specific to their social group. Unlimited nodes could be an issue.

With this add-on, can you limit the forum (and sub-forums) that an administrator creates? Personally I'd only want them to be able to create one or two nodes specific to their social group. Unlimited nodes could be an issue.
Yes. There is a option which allows you limit the number of nodes groups can create.

Top Bottom