[tl] Post Reply [Deleted]

great add-on, looks like it has great potential, some suggestions:

1. please new link called "comment post" or "reply post" , let user choose phrase,
because now users are confused, they press "Quote Post" and they reply to post, but most users want to reply to thread and not post,

2. have bug, when i click on #1 post, it reply to thread and not comment post

3. Please add "new post comments" in "whats new"

4. please add sidebar widget "new post comments"

5. please fix branding

6. have server errors
Code:
Server error log

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined offset: 0 src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/XF/Finder/Post.php:95

Generated by: test_user Jan 13, 2019 at 9:11 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/XF/Finder/Post.php(95): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 95, Array)
#1 src/XF/Finder/Post.php(53): Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Finder\Post->whereOr(Array)
#2 src/XF/Finder/Post.php(20): XF\Finder\Post->applyVisibilityChecksInThread(Object(Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Entity\Thread), true)
#3 src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/XF/Finder/Post.php(20): XF\Finder\Post->inThread(Object(Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Entity\Thread), Array)
#4 src/XF/Repository/Post.php(14): Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Finder\Post->inThread(Object(Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Entity\Thread), Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(35): XF\Repository\Post->findPostsForThreadView(Object(Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Entity\Thread))
#6 src/addons/Truonglv/PostReply/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(15): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/addons/XFMG/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(11): Truonglv\PostReply\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XFMG\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(Siropu\AdsManager\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "/index.php?threads/what-type-of-forums-are-your-favourite.2/"
  ["referrer"] => string(53) "https://myforum123.com/index.php?forums/forum-talk.4/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["threads/what-type-of-forums-are-your-favourite_2/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hi @51463,

#2: It's as design. It's not support reply in first post.

#6: Does you install the version 1.0.1? Also can you try to rebuild cache metadata again and confirm it?

new suggestion:

#7 please make support reply in first post

#6, yes i use 1.0.1

after i rebuild metadata, now the error is gone 😎

ok thank you, then your add-on is no use for me, it work too strange

thanks & good luck

Not got a horse in this race as I typically find threaded comments a pain, but I suspect the reason is Reddit. The first post of the thread is equivalent to a Reddit post, and the subsequent posts in a thread are the comments on that post. On Reddit, comments can be made, and then comments can be made in reply to those comments. That seems to be what is happening here. And, honestly, it kind of makes more sense to me that way.

🤷‍♂️

truonglv updated [tl] Post Reply with a new update entry:

Fixed some bugs!
Main reason I'm here though is this. As per the resource standards, please make your update notes more detailed:
4. Any resource updates released in the RM should make it clear which issues (if any) have been resolved in the update.

Not got a horse in this race as I typically find threaded comments a pain, but I suspect the reason is Reddit. The first post of the thread is equivalent to a Reddit post, and the subsequent posts in a thread are the comments on that post. On Reddit, comments can be made, and then comments can be made in reply to those comments. That seems to be what is happening here. And, honestly, it kind of makes more sense to me that way.

🤷‍♂️
Main reason I'm here though is this. As per the resource standards, please make your update notes more detailed:

Du you plan this as native? I think this can be better.

Du you plan this as native? I think this can be better.
No plans for that at this time, no.

Though if I was producing this as an add-on myself, I'd have likely done it the same way (in terms of the difference between the post and the comments, with only the comments being threaded). That's how most people would expect it to work because that's exactly how Reddit works.

🤷‍♂️
I know Reddit and I love it and well this make more sense, but only if is still possible to create a multiple "root" comment to the main post.
...and testing the demo I'm seeing that is working like this so... 👍

@truonglv how about a anchor link to the next "root comment" like reddit?

I know Reddit and I love it and well this make more sense, but only if is still possible to create a multiple "root" comment to the main post.
...and testing the demo I'm seeing that is working like this so... 👍

@truonglv how about a anchor link to the next "root comment" like reddit?
How anchor link in Reddit works? Sorry i have not used that :(

Reddit display a "down arrow" that link to the next "root comment"

For toot comment I mean a direct comment to the main/original post.
So users can quickly navigate to the next "root comment" if they are not interested in the actual one. Very useful on mobile.

Reddit display a "down arrow" that link to the next "root comment"

For toot comment I mean a direct comment to the main/original post.
So users can quickly navigate to the next "root comment" if they are not interested in the actual one. Very useful on mobile.
it similar to best answer? there is different navigation button? who is determine which is root comment?

Top Bottom