1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tipping Point

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by The Sandman, Jul 28, 2014.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Based on the regular and reliable upgrade releases and now the spectrum of improvements we're hearing about in XF 1.4 I'd have to say that we reached the point where XenForo can longer to be considered "light" or "lacking in features". KAM's baby is all grown up!

2. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Maturing like an olympic athlete..

or...

XF is still "light", lite on queries! :D

3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

XenForo 1.4 contains an optional "Add extra queries" setting to fix this.

feldon30, tyteen4a03, Teapot and 4 others like this.
  4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

lol i found it and have made full use of it.. 20 and counting at last check.

5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I heard rumor in 1.4.1 by activating this you also receive a matching skin of vB 5.x

Daniel Hood likes this.
  6. The Sandman

I don't know about that ;).

Another thing you hear is "no roadmap". But clearly the XenForo Team has a roadmap and they're following it. They might even arrive early. :D

The Forum Heroes and yavuz like this.
  7. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Well-Known Member

ROADMAP:

1) Develop Awesomeness
    2) Leave other software in the dust

feldon30 and FredC like this.
  8. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Check and Check Mate!!!

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I've never really heard that... I HAVE heard no PUBLISHED roadmap.

10. The Sandman

It's not something you hear from the XenForo community - it's the members of communities that don't seem to have roadmaps themselves that want to lump XenForo in with their chosen brand. I've heard it more than once. More than twice even.

11. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Sorry to upset, but I dont consider anything shown in 1.4 to be groundbreaking or a major feature that can justify as leaving the other forum softwares in its wake. We have been waiting for an navigation menu for over 4 years now. Cannot claim a software to be all grown up when such a fundamental feature doesnt exist in its core.

Moderator: Stupid, childish, insulting term removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  12. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

ehh its cool Rome wasn't built in a day either.. Probably took at least a cpl centuries for fundamentals like plumbing.

13. Floyd R Turbo

nav menu, you mean like Node as Tabs?

14. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    BamaStangGuy likes this.
  15. Floyd R Turbo

Ok, so does Nodes at Tabs perform the intended function as described in that thread, or not?

16. The Sandman

Yeah, I didn't say anything about "groundbreaking" or "leaving other forum software in its wake" - I said it's reached a tipping point - the point at which a series of small changes becomes significant enough to cause a larger, more important change. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    tyteen4a03 and FredC like this.
  17. Floyd R Turbo

Also worth noting that I didn't say it had already done this, just that it was in my imaginary 2-step roadmap to awesomeness.