Tinypic

kelebek

Tinypic is no longer accepting uploads from international locations, and links are turned off. If you have content on Tinypic, you can still view the URLs and the content, but only on Tinypic. To upload, share, or link content, please go to Photobucket.com to register an account. You will need to upload your content again to your Photobucket account, but you will be able to share and link your images and videos. We’re sorry for the inconvenience and hope that you enjoy Photobucket, our premier image and video site.

Photobucket has bought Tinypic and they have now replaced all my photos with this beautiful image... (Unfortunately I used to use it a lot to host my pictures :mad:)

screen-capture-1-2.jpg

I get so frustrated with keeping up with where my images are uploaded,
so I just have a directory on my server I use for image uploads only.
I clean it out about once a year to keep it from getting too massively cluttered.

I get so frustrated with keeping up with where my images are uploaded,
so I just have a directory on my server I use for image uploads only.
I clean it out about once a year to keep it from getting too massively cluttered.
Yeah, tempted to do the same myself, except I keep ending up going 'nah, maybe not' out of bandwidth considerations :p

Yeah, tempted to do the same myself, except I keep ending up going 'nah, maybe not' out of bandwidth considerations :p
Yeah, I know what you mean. So I'm pretty careful not to do it on really busy busy sites
or anything like that. I use the old fall-back "Photobucket" but usually it's a situation where
the bandwidth wont be too bad so I just use my server. I hope we get a better alternative soon.

dropbox.com

epic win
...until you run out of space or you get tired of the images clogging up your Dropbox. Although, the really nice thing about this is you can set your screen capture app's output folder to your Dropbox, and images will be uploaded automatically after they are captured. :)

It's undone already

We heard from many of our users in regards to these changes and we appreciate your feedback. Tinypic has restored linking to your images and enabled uploading. Please rest assured no content was removed from the site. We tried to notify users on Tinypic and requested they move their content to Photobucket. Unfortunately this messaging was insufficient and has taken many of our users by surprise and we apologize. Our intent was to begin combining some of the best features of Tinypic and Photobucket, thereby offering users a better experience. Any changes in the future will be better communicated. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

...until you run out of space or you get tired of the images clogging up your Dropbox. Although, the really nice thing about this is you can set your screen capture app's output folder to your Dropbox, and images will be uploaded automatically after they are captured. :)

Using it for ages now, and only using 45% of my 12gb free account. If I need more, I can use my dedicated box, or just buy a 50gb account.

Top Bottom