1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Timezone problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Solidus, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Solidus

Solidus Well-Known Member

Hey all.

After enabled ntpd on my server to correct the time (was 4 minutes behind), I am seeing some issues.
    Nobody can post, this is the error,

XenForo_Exception: Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion. - library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php:449

And most recent timestamps are 1 day ahead, recent activity showing updates from Dec 2.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Solidus

Update: new threads can be posted, but threads with last posts showing wrong time cannot be posted in now,
    [​IMG]

^that was actually posted Nov 30th at 10:40

Edit: Users online block won't refresh either

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This should auto correct itself. This comes from the recent change in server time where posts were posted during the time you changed.

4. Solidus

^ I thought so, just wondered if there was a quick fix.
    So how long do I have to wait? The furthest ahead timestamp is Dec 2, 2014 at 2:36 AM - will if correct itself then?

5. Jeremy

Yes. You should be able to post in threads that have posts behind the current server time.

6. Solidus

Okay. What about time on member cards and such? They are a day forward too and current time doesn't move any closer because they move together.

7. Jeremy

Those dates will correct next time they visit. There's really not much you can do here.