XF 1.0 Timeout during phrase change. Can't change certain phrases.

electrogypsy

It seems that when I try to change certain phrases, like "media" to "video", my server gets a timeout error like so:

Code:
[B]Fatal error[/B]: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in [B]/home/****/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php[/B] on line [B]23[/B]

or:

Code:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mder6/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 381

it's always one of these two error messages, and I can't change these certain phrases, since this happens every time. on other phrases though, it doesn't happen at all, only on certain ones. i talked to my webhost (hostgator) and they said it was a problem with the xenforo script taking up too many resources. i dunno if this is the case though, since ive been having problems with them since i moved over to their servers.

any help or advice would be much appreciated!

How many styles and/or languages do you have installed?

You may need to increase the php time limits.
If you're on a shared server, you will need to ask your host to do that.

If changes can be made in an XML file an imported, that can be away around it - when you change phrases like that, it triggers a lot of rebuilds (some situations are much worse than others).

Top Bottom