1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Timeout during phrase change. Can't change certain phrases.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by electrogypsy, Oct 30, 2011.

1. electrogypsy

electrogypsy Active Member

It seems that when I try to change certain phrases, like "media" to "video", my server gets a timeout error like so:

Code:
    [B]Fatal error[/B]: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in [B]/home/****/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler/Statement/Collection.php[/B] on line [B]23[/B]
    or:

Code:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mder6/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 381
    it's always one of these two error messages, and I can't change these certain phrases, since this happens every time. on other phrases though, it doesn't happen at all, only on certain ones. i talked to my webhost (hostgator) and they said it was a problem with the xenforo script taking up too many resources. i dunno if this is the case though, since ive been having problems with them since i moved over to their servers.

any help or advice would be much appreciated!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How many styles and/or languages do you have installed?

You may need to increase the php time limits.
    If you're on a shared server, you will need to ask your host to do that.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If changes can be made in an XML file an imported, that can be away around it - when you change phrases like that, it triggers a lot of rebuilds (some situations are much worse than others).