XF 2 Timed/Themed Sidebar Widget

Exotic_Peacock

Okay - I call this a 'little add-on' but let's be honest I am not a coder and therefore don't actually know how long it would take, or complex it is - so to any potential coders out there for this project please do not for one second think that I under estimate your value/worth/time!

I am looking to commission someone to create the following sort of addon for me. As stated above I am not a massive coder/developer and so I feel uncomfortable setting up cron-jobs, I don't really know what I am doing and I start to panic when I go away from my comfort zone :)

Front End:
A widget that appears on the sidebar at certain times of the day. This would be a customisable/skinned widget (for the admin). It would originally be designed to look different to the regular sidebar.

As my new project involves the decriminalisation of cannabis use here in Australia this widget would need to appear at 4:10am and 4:10pm - and would appear until 4:21am/pm - off course representing the 420 which is widely known as meaning marijuana time :) (So I am told).

So this widget would be the big count down to 4:20 (and would be dependent on the users set time zone) - however would like it themed in a way that its picking random quotes to display in the widget above the countdown timer to mess with people, useless fact etc anything I put into the quote 'file'.

Backend:
Able to theme everything from the widgets header background, font color, the actual widget content background/theme.
Be able to set the time it appears, what user groups to display it to;

Looking for quotes for entire job, please reply or PM!
Must include a couple revisions for "oops our bad" and support during initial board set up and plugin activation period.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hope to hear from you soon!

[
Okay - I call this a 'little add-on' but let's be honest I am not a coder and therefore don't actually know how long it would take, or complex it is - so to any potential coders out there for this project please do not for one second think that I under estimate your value/worth/time!

I am looking to commission someone to create the following sort of addon for me. As stated above I am not a massive coder/developer and so I feel uncomfortable setting up cron-jobs, I don't really know what I am doing and I start to panic when I go away from my comfort zone :)

Front End:
A widget that appears on the sidebar at certain times of the day. This would be a customisable/skinned widget (for the admin). It would originally be designed to look different to the regular sidebar.

As my new project involves the decriminalisation of cannabis use here in Australia this widget would need to appear at 4:10am and 4:10pm - and would appear until 4:21am/pm - off course representing the 420 which is widely known as meaning marijuana time :) (So I am told).

So this widget would be the big count down to 4:20 (and would be dependent on the users set time zone) - however would like it themed in a way that its picking random quotes to display in the widget above the countdown timer to mess with people, useless fact etc anything I put into the quote 'file'.

Backend:
Able to theme everything from the widgets header background, font color, the actual widget content background/theme.
Be able to set the time it appears, what user groups to display it to;

Looking for quotes for entire job, please reply or PM!
Must include a couple revisions for "oops our bad" and support during initial board set up and plugin activation period.

Thank you for taking the time to read and hope to hear from you soon!
I have started private conversation with some questions. Looking forward to discussing further.

Top Bottom