Time to launch... but...

OverHere

Hi All,

Ok, I now have my XenForo-based forum all set up and ready to launch... but this is where I am now stuck!

I don't want to mention my website name here as search engines will pick up this post but it would be nice if someone with a good know-how in kick-starting a forum can assist me via personal conversations...

Basically, I have a niche forum which circles around the main topic of UK Economy. I have added some forum titles but I can't tell if I have too many or too little and what the titles should be.

I would appreciate any good guidance and advice as to how to get my website buzzing as soon as possible.

Thank you.

The fastest grow you can have as a kickstart is to give people free stuff. Make contest and give them something that has a medium value based on your forum's topic. This is how it worked for me, and I'm still doing it here and then although I don't really need it anymore.

Lots of empty forums looks bad. I'd start of as minimal as you think you can while maintaining the segregation of topics you want.

It is really difficult to launch forums that look popular, with content and a lot of users. Same issue when restaurants and discos open. They typically do not use all space, to make the space used looked crowdy. And people are invited to opening nights, etc. Have you ever been on a street looking inside an empty restaurant and say to yourself, "I look further"?

Same with forums. Do not make too many forums that look empty. And cheat. Make fake users, make them talk to each other. No new users want to talk to themselves. Make sure you like the posts the new users make.

It is really difficult to launch forums that look popular, with content and a lot of users. Same issue when restaurants and discos open. They typically do not use all space, to make the space used looked crowdy. And people are invited to opening nights, etc. Have you ever been on a street looking inside an empty restaurant and say to yourself, "I look further"?

Same with forums. Do not make too many forums that look empty. And cheat. Make fake users, make them talk to each other. No new users want to talk to themselves. Make sure you like the posts the new users make.

this makes sense and I m thinking of paid posting to start off with...

Top Bottom