Time for a new Xenforo theme?

AndreaMarucci

I love XF and I use it from the very beginning but I think that now it's time to refresh the stock theme that, for me, start to show its age.

It's just my opinion or, maybe for 1.5 or 2.0, can we expect to have a completely redesigned and better stock theme?

I'm pretty sure it will be generally different for XenForo 2.0. Mike has already talked about the inclusion of LESS with the release which gives them the opportunity to run through all of the CSS and adjust accordingly. XenForo has a 2010 web feel to it and I doubt they would let that type of opportunity pass by to give it a 2015 feel.

Oh I see. So basically you're hoping for a new theme along the lines of this or UI.X/Audentio (which I use) or one of the PixelEdit or Arty themes.

Personally I don't think there's a 5 year difference between these styles and the default XenForo style (which is effectively what you are saying).

I don't think we'll see anything like this, I think a tweak of the current theme is more likely. I think that the various style creators will still have XenForo work come the release of XenForo 2.0. :)

I don't think we'll see anything like this, I think a tweak of the current theme is more likely. I think that the various style creators will still have XenForo work come the release of XenForo 2.0. :)

That's how I feel as well.

It's likely just going to be different colors, enough so it's noticeable and feels like a new style, but still within the XenForo "realm," if that makes sense. For example, the message user info box could be a darker blue in XenForo 2.0.

Only time and patience will tell, though. :)

In my opinions, no need. The default theme itself looks awesome since XenForo first release. At least up to xF3 or higher than.

Oh sure, if you look at some of the themes in the Resource section you'll understand what I mean. Something more clean and simple like this one for example...

http://themescorp.com/demo/Imagine/
Personally I prefer the current theme. I actually use the "Kitchen Sink" version on here.

Really though, the default theme doesn't matter as much. The important thing is the building blocks provided. Then sites can go on and customize it to make it something special for their own communities. Big forums like www.avforums.com, www.macrumors.com, etc have done this and their sites look great. I think after 5 years, no matter what the default theme looks like, you will think it's dated or old and needs to be redone. It has nothing to do with it actually being dated though. The default theme is far from dated. Sure it uses some stuff that isn't really standard at the moment (rounded corners, kind of gradient heavy [not really], etc) but it's still coded in a very modern way.

In my opinions, no need. The default theme itself looks awesome since XenForo first release. At least up to xF3 or higher than.

I disagree. While I don't think it's as much of a big deal like others do, it's always nice to have new default styles at each first-point release.

New default style or an evolution of the default one, just like what Apple does with his website. There's not a complete redesign but a slow evolution...

Top Bottom