[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

I'm also using the Xenique Framework in addition to this add-on but it appears thread thumbnails does not work.

My add-on version is 1.3.1

I have selected the forums and chose first image, first attachment, author avatar, and URL in that order but the only thing displayed is author avatar.

You can see it here:
http://www.dragonslist.com/forums/articles.56/

I'm also using the Xenique Framework in addition to this add-on but it appears thread thumbnails does not work.

My add-on version is 1.3.1

I have selected the forums and chose first image, first attachment, author avatar, and URL in that order but the only thing displayed is author avatar.

You can see it here:
http://www.dragonslist.com/forums/articles.56/
Does it work if you disable the Xenique Framework?

We cannot guarantee that this will work with all different styles. An update will be released shortly that should support more styles -- if you are happy to test then please register at waindigo.com and send me a Private Message.

Does it work if you disable the Xenique Framework?

We cannot guarantee that this will work with all different styles. An update will be released shortly that should support more styles -- if you are happy to test then please register at waindigo.com and send me a Private Message.

I know it works with it. I had it working once, a while back when I used one of their styles....

Is it possible to give a specific URL for thumbnails when editing a thread? I can see the textfield when creating a new thread, but I can't find the corresponding option when editing, and I don't know if I am simply missing it or if it is not supported.

Also for library articles, I can't find the option, even on article creation. The "Show thread thumbnails:" and "Show article thumbnails:" permissions are set to "Allow" for registered users. When editing a library node, I can't see any "Thread thumbnails" tab, like the one I can access in forum nodes.
Hi waindigo! Is this fixed/added in today's update?

I've just upgraded the resource to the latest version and now thumbnails aren't displaying as they once had... >_>. Everything worked before, but now only last poster avatars display instead of thumbnails, and the settings weren't changed from last time... any ideas? :) I've confirmed this isn't working with latest version of Thread Thumbnails. I went and uploaded the /js/ and /library/ contents from the previous version of this, refreshed forum sections and the thumbnails show. Then I uploaded the contents overwriting the files with latest version, refreshed forum sections.. and it thumbnails don't show. Is there a fix in works?

I've just upgraded the resource to the latest version and now thumbnails aren't displaying as they once had... >_>. Everything worked before, but now only last poster avatars display instead of thumbnails, and the settings weren't changed from last time... any ideas? :) I've confirmed this isn't working with latest version of Thread Thumbnails. I went and uploaded the /js/ and /library/ contents from the previous version of this, refreshed forum sections and the thumbnails show. Then I uploaded the contents overwriting the files with latest version, refreshed forum sections.. and it thumbnails don't show. Is there a fix in works?
I may have made a mistake with the version number. Have you tried upgrading the add-on with the new XML file?

I may have made a mistake with the version number. Have you tried upgrading the add-on with the new XML file?

yeah, uploaded ALL the files from the latest resource version.. and installed upgrade from server... and poof, no thumbnails.. i have to upload the js/ and library/ folders/files from previous version and refresh forum sections and boom.. the thumbnails are back.

yeah, uploaded ALL the files from the latest resource version.. and installed upgrade from server... and poof, no thumbnails.. i have to upload the js/ and library/ folders/files from previous version and refresh forum sections and boom.. the thumbnails are back.
Strange. At least that means I wasn't wrong about the version number then -- this is exactly how fourth-point (x.x.xX) releases are supposed to work. Please continue to use the old version and I will investigate further. What theme are you using?

Strange. At least that means I wasn't wrong about the version number then -- this is exactly how fourth-point (x.x.xX) releases are supposed to work. Please continue to use the old version and I will investigate further. What theme are you using?

Okay, yeah I planned to use the older files till you got things fixed. :) I even posted about this on YOUR site, in the thread thumbnails forum section lol. :) I'm using Novus from http://www.xenfocus.com/ -http://footish.xxx is my site lol. Previews section has thumbnails for threads on for "demo" lol.

Okay, yeah I planned to use the older files till you got things fixed. :) I even posted about this on YOUR site, in the thread thumbnails forum section lol. :) I'm using Novus from http://www.xenfocus.com/ -http://footish.xxx is my site lol. Previews section has thumbnails for threads on for "demo" lol.
Thanks. I'm guessing it is an incompatibility with this theme. I had to change the way that the thumbnails were added because it was resulting in long page loading times on some sites. Unfortunately, this has meant that some styles are no longer supported natively. I will have a play around with this theme and let you know.

Reactions: vVv
Thanks. I'm guessing it is an incompatibility with this theme. I had to change the way that the thumbnails were added because it was resulting in long page loading times on some sites. Unfortunately, this has meant that some styles are no longer supported natively. I will have a play around with this theme and let you know.

ah, gotcha.. and thanks man, looking forward to a response back about it.. :) will suck though, if it doesn't end up working for me / my theme sigh lol

Question, does the new update have caching and the performance issue is fixed now?

any word regarding my skin and the needing older/previous files to work instead of the updated files..? haha.

any word regarding my skin and the needing older/previous files to work instead of the updated files..? haha.
No. I sent a message to XenFocus asking for a copy of his themes and heard nothing back. On a completely unrelated note, you can send attachments to me on waindigo.com. :whistle:

Top Bottom