[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

Haven't read the whole discussion as there is too many pages, so was wondering if i can use this addon for my classified section of my forum? When a member places a for sale ad, and the add pictures, can they choose a pic to become a thumbnail or when they upload a pic, the forum automatically chooses the image?

I've never had an issue w/ this addon but this last update killed my site. I had to disable it. I was getting tons of DB errors for too many connections or something. don't remember the exact error but they were all image files & attachments. at first I thought a bot was skimming my site grabbing all our images but I turned off thread thumbs & the issue immediately stopped.

I'll have to turn it back on & quickly look at the options to see if there's some setting I should disable.

Last update wont let me load the forums page! But I can disable, enter a sub-forum and enable the mod again, reload the page and the thread previews seem to be working, just the main forum is not. I will try to downgrade and upgrade again...

Your add-on works wonders for my needs. It blended in perfectly with the XenAtendo add-on. http://solecalifestyle.com/index.php?forums/sneaker-watch.21/
Looks great.

But as u can tell, it is missing the custom thumbnails in the "Upcoming Releases" portion. How would I go about in using the the thumbnails on there too?
Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for this. Please contact me if you would like to discuss contributing to have this feature developed.

Jon, for some reason when I activate the addon it takes forever my /forum to load.
There is a known issue with this add-on as it doesn't have a good caching mechanism. This was one of my first add-on's and I wasn't so good back then. At some point I will add proper caching, but no-one has contributed to this so it is currently near the bottom of my to-do list. Sorry.

There is a known issue with this add-on as it doesn't have a good caching mechanism. This was one of my first add-on's and I wasn't so good back then. At some point I will add proper caching, but no-one has contributed to this so it is currently near the bottom of my to-do list. Sorry.
How much would you need to make this happen? I would contribute some if someone would split the cost with me. :)

How much would you need to make this happen? I would contribute some if someone would split the cost with me. :)
Would probably be looking for about £150 to £200 to do this. Haven't looked at it for a while so can't remember quite how much work is going to be needed. It will pretty much be a complete rebuild of the add-on, but re-using lots of the code.

Would probably be looking for about £150 to £200 to do this. Haven't looked at it for a while so can't remember quite how much work is going to be needed. It will pretty much be a complete rebuild of the add-on, but re-using lots of the code.

I can contribute as well but something in the range of 50 £

me too, ive contributed for this addon $10 before

anyone having problems with thread thumbnails on a busy forum?

normal load on my server is without thread thumbnails enabled: 2 to 3
if i enable thread thumbnails, it will spike up the server to 10+ sometimes going to 60+-->100 then the server will hang.

thanks

anyone having problems with thread thumbnails on a busy forum?
This is the exact problem that my proposed caching solution is intended to fix. It was never designed for busy forums, so this update will make sure that it can work on them.

This is the exact problem that my proposed caching solution is intended to fix. It was never designed for busy forums, so this update will make sure that it can work on them.

ouch uninstalling it for now...

thanks for the info.

Top Bottom