[#] Thumbnails [Deleted]

With your latest update, this addon is finally working for me again. I've been trying all your updates just to see when it would work again. I like the new improvements.

Ugh I take that back. I did a search for 'thread thumbnails' on my site to find the thread where I can announce that is working again but when I hit search I got this error.

Uninstalling again.

An exception occurred: Undefined index: node_type_id in /home/thethleg/public_html/library/Waindigo/ThreadThumbnails/Model/ThreadThumbnails.php on line 684
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbnails/Model/ThreadThumbnails.php at line 684
  2. Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails_Model_ThreadThumbnails->canShowThumbs() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbnails/Search/DataHandler/Thread.php at line 33
  3. Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails_Search_DataHandler_Thread->renderResult() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Search.php at line 16
  4. XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Search::renderSearchResults() in XenForo/ViewPublic/Search/Results.php at line 9
  5. XenForo_ViewPublic_Search_Results->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  8. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13

Hi, after update to 1.3.1 i have this little styled error:

error.webp
and if i selected the "Thumbnails in Node View?" the german Umlauts are not correct (Baden-Württemberg)

kick ass job as usual Waindigo, illegal offset errors are gone. I can use this mod again :)

Ugh I take that back. I did a search for 'thread thumbnails' on my site to find the thread where I can announce that is working again but when I hit search I got this error.

Confirmed here as definitely a bug I can reproduce by creating a thread called "thread thumbnails" and attempting to search for it. Same error :/

Waindigo added a copyright that is located in this file: library/Waindigo/Listener/Template/20120715.php

Hmm i am not in love with this. None of the extensions does this. And now especially as it mess up the sidebar in firefox...
What would be if all extensions would put up their credits? The whole sidebar would be about this. Please consider it to leave it out in the future.

I uploaded a picture as an attachment then hit 'Embed as Full Image'

I'm using xenporta so I named the file 'slide' so it can show up in the slider.

When I hit save I got this error. Uninstalling for now.

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'thumbnail_url' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 490
  9. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in sonnbPreventDoublePost/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 52
  10. sonnbPreventDoublePost_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in Tinhte/XenTag/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 23
  11. Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in Waindigo/ThreadThumbnails/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 89
  12. Waindigo_ThreadThumbnails_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/index.php at line 13

Hmm i am not in love with this. None of the extensions does this. And now especially as it mess up the sidebar in firefox...
What would be if all extensions would put up their credits? The whole sidebar would be about this. Please consider it to leave it out in the future.
There are no plans to remove this from our add-ons. If you are interested in licensing without branding or moving the copyright notice to somewhere else, please contact us directly as we have an add-on that can do that for you. Removing the copyright notice manually without permission is strictly not permitted and is a breach of the conditions under which the software is licensed to you.

ok it's your decision. however i remind you we're all bugfixing your extension. there's a donate part which i can do if i have the budget or i want. also it's not free for commercial sites. now the link is a free commercial to you. not that friendly especially as the extension page not mention this.

again if all other extension provider would do the same all forums would be a mess with credits.

i respect all the work you put into this, i also have a software development company so i know how it goes. it's just not a nice move.
please add this to the extension page that you're adding credit to the side bar which is non removable.

keep up the good work

ok it's your decision. however i remind you we're all bugfixing your extension. there's a donate part which i can do if i have the budget or i want. also it's not free for commercial sites. now the link is a free commercial to you. not that friendly especially as the extension page not mention this.

again if all other extension provider would do the same all forums would be a mess with credits.

i respect all the work you put into this, i also have a software development company so i know how it goes. it's just not a nice move.
please add this to the extension page that you're adding credit to the side bar which is non removable.

keep up the good work
The current location can run amuck of paying advertisers. :confused:
Below the "
" part would be best like where themes and styles put it.
Thanks for your comments. I have uploaded a new add-on to allow for the copyright notice to be moved or hidden with CSS:
http://www.waindigo.com/threads/download-copyright-notice-by-waindigo.50/

The option to move is in the ACP options. The new add-on also includes the copyright notice as a phrase, so it will support any translations required (although pre-approval of any translation is required). I am also happy to look at providing additional options for moving the copyright notice.

Please note that the intended location of this notice was actually below the bottom breadcrumbs and not in the sidebar. This was actually an error in styling (the same error that caused the problem in Firefox) and was fixed in the most recent Thread Thumbnails update. Apologies for the confusion. I actually think this positioning is less intrusive than the position you suggested, although you are welcome to make your own mind up on this.

Finally, I should point out that we have been including links in our add-ons for some time, although these links have been hidden. It was recently pointed out that hidden links may be bad for SEO. A warning is included in the above add-on if people choose this option.

attach.webp

I finally got this to work with the avatar thumbnails at the same time. However, thread thumbnail is still shown at the index page, even though an image has been uploaded to thread and shown as thread thumbnail at the forum page? And the popup-still shows the avatar, see picture

I finally got this to work with the avatar thumbnails at the same time. However, thread thumbnail is still shown at the index page, even though an image has been uploaded to thread and shown as thread thumbnail at the forum page?
Not quite sure what you are getting at. Do you mean the avatar is still being shown at the index page? Have you checked the options in Admin CP?

And the popup-still shows the avatar, see picture
This is not a bug. If you would like this feature, then please message me to discuss contributing to its development.

Sorry, I got confused between latest post avatar and thred thumbnail. Works OK now as you can see :)

ddd.webp

Btw, can explain the setting "Thumbnails in Node View?" in options? I am not quite sure I understand
how it should work?

Sorry, I got confused between latest post avatar and thred thumbnail. Works OK now as you can see :)

View attachment 31860

Btw, can explain the setting "Thumbnails in Node View?" in options? I am not quite sure I understand
how it should work?
This will display thread thumbnails (instead of the forum icon) on the index page and also for any sub-forums on their respective parent forums' pages.

Waindigo, for some very strange reason, as you in see in post 217, this addon makes my Danish non-English letters show wrong. I have now disabled the addon, with the results that the characters are shown correctly again.
Seems very strange to me

jjj.webp

Waindigo, for some very strange reason, as you in see in post 217, this addon makes my Danish non-English letters show wrong.

I can now see this ONLY occurs if "Thumbails in node view" is checked. So I can use this as long as it is unchecked. But strange, anyway.

Top Bottom