Throw a dice [Paid] [Deleted]

1. Your dice suck. Seriously, the graphics for a $30 mod are pretty awful. We made our own replacements.

2. You're using ">=" where you should be using ">" in \ControllerPublic\dice.php. As a result, while you can enter a max number of faces of say 100, the limit actually becomes Max -1, in this case 99. When you try to roll a 100 sided die it actually tells you "The max number of sides you can use is 100".

3. Other than that, it seems to (mostly) work. I do note that if you roll immediately after you post, the dice end up at the top of a post before the text - and appear at the bottom only after a page reload, but that may be our forum style.

1. Your dice suck. Seriously, the graphics for a $30 mod are pretty awful. We made our own replacements.

2. You're using ">=" where you should be using ">" in \ControllerPublic\dice.php. As a result, while you can enter a max number of faces of say 100, the limit actually becomes Max -1, in this case 99. When you try to roll a 100 sided die it actually tells you "The max number of sides you can use is 100".

3. Other than that, it seems to (mostly) work. I do note that if you roll immediately after you post, the dice end up at the top of a post before the text - and appear at the bottom only after a page reload, but that may be our forum style.
Which one of the graphics that are included are you using? I was using the first one for some time, then I actually had a graphics designer make on comission the new dice for this add-on (I am not a designer myself), and that is the second style that is included in the package.

Thanks for the feedback, I am assuming you mean this piece of code, I'll get that fixed
Code:
        if ($faces >= $options->cz_max_faces)
        {
            throw new XenForo_ControllerResponse_Exception($this->responseError(new XenForo_Phrase('cz_rpg_faces_must_be_at_most_no', array( 'no' => $options->cz_max_faces ))));
        }

That won't alter your roll, though, that is just the upper limit of how many faces a user can select, the random() will still be 1-$faces inclusive

There was a lot of work in making sure people could not just "hack" the system. In another add-on I was using for vB people could just edit the post and either remove their throw or even change it. It has help a lot with the accountability.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1.gif
    1.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 5
About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

Please do not report bugs with 1.2 at this time, since that is not helpful, after I provide a version compatible with 1.2 I will be getting bug reports for anything that I missed.

About 1.2

I have NOT tested 1.2 yet, but just by reading the update list, I am expecting things to break.
Please do not rush to update to 1.2 if this add-on is vital to you and you cannot afford to disable it.

I will be providing an update as soon as I can, but this is not the only add-on that I have. There is no ETA, but expect weeks, not days.

Please do not report bugs with 1.2 at this time, since that is not helpful, after I provide a version compatible with 1.2 I will be getting bug reports for anything that I missed.

Hey Rigel,
I had purchased this add-on under a different e-mail address I no longer use (and it has been deleted), is there any way I can receive updates apart from mail? Or what is the procedure to receive updates?

Hey Rigel,
I had purchased this add-on under a different e-mail address I no longer use (and it has been deleted), is there any way I can receive updates apart from mail? Or what is the procedure to receive updates?

I distribute the updates through XfAddOns.com

Please register there and start a conversation with me (Kentaurus), I will give you access to the members area
Please attach the email that you originally used for the transaction, or the paypal transaction ID so I can validate you

@Rigel Kentaurus - The options are not showing up for me in both the default & custom themes. Is there an additional permission set or template edit I need to make? Didn't find it in the read me. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. What I didn't notice is that you have to create the thread FIRST & then the options appear. When reviewing the screenshot it seemed to me like that option is always there as a sort of "reply" like feature.

Last edited:
@Rigel Kentaurus
Any eta on the responsive fix? We are using the mod for a few forum games, it's not really breaking the responsive design totally but it's still a bit of bother for low res users. Just an eta would be fine I don't want an immediate fix or anything :)

Top Bottom