Throw a dice [Paid] [Deleted]

Rigel Kentaurus

Throw a dice

What does it do?

It enables a feature in your forum to throw a dice. This is most useful to RPG communities and forums in which you enable your users to play games. The mods sometimes use the feature to decide random actions (like topic of the day).

Features
  • GUI for throwing a dice, available from the post
  • Throwing multiple dices per post, with a label for actions
  • Cannot be edited by the user after thrown (prevents cheating)
  • Fully localized so you can translate it to the language of your choice
  • Configurable from the Admin Control Panel
  • Includes one set of dice images up to 99
Buy Now & It get's delivered instantly to your inbox

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.00.18 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.00.18 PM.webp
    29 KB · Views: 574
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.00.35 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.00.35 PM.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.00.41 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.00.41 PM.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.01.01 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-01-16 at 6.01.01 PM.webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 227
Nice!
Is it possible to set which forums can use this dice-rolling feature?
No, the option is set at a global level, not at the forum level. I haven't have much trouble with this so I have not needed to make this a forum-level permission.

Where do you select to throw the dice ? Is there an icon in the editor toolbar ?

Would people want a Magic 8 ball ?

Q: is xenforo going to release the Resource Manager by the end of Jan 2012 ?
A:
magic8Ball.jpg

hello, purchased ;)

but the countdown is not working good on my template ... on xenforo default it is ok ...

do i have to change anything ?

We've had it installed for a couple of weeks now and it's working perfectly. For RP sites it's invaluable and I don't think the $30 is unreasonable really...

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

Throw a dice (version 1.0.0) - Adds dice throwing functionality. Good for games.

What does it do?

It enables a feature in your forum to throw a dice. This is most useful to RPG communities and forums in which you enable your users to play games. The mods sometimes use the feature to decide random actions (like topic of the day).

Features
  • GUI for throwing a dice, available from the post
  • Throwing multiple dices per post, with a label for actions
  • Cannot be edited by the user after thrown (prevents cheating)
  • Fully localized so you can translate it to...

Read more about this resource...

This is a great, maybe a little overpriced imo. Do you want to update this addon with new features? (like more advanded permissions on usergroup and forums) Maybe i can use this for a new project...

This is a great, maybe a little overpriced imo. Do you want to update this addon with new features? (like more advanded permissions on usergroup and forums) Maybe i can use this for a new project...
More advanced permission based on which forum it can be used and which forum it cannot would be really useful :P

More advanced permission based on which forum it can be used and which forum it cannot would be really useful :p

I would buy and use this if it had more advanced permissions, ergo limit it to a set forum. Also permissions or settings to set number of throws per post, turn off countdown and so on.

I would buy and use this if it had more advanced permissions, ergo limit it to a set forum. Also permissions or settings to set number of throws per post, turn off countdown and so on.
Seconded. I'd buy a v1.1 that had a bit more polish and features.

Otherwise, looks great

Same here, this looks very cool, but can only add this with proper permissions settings.

I will agree with the above posts.

At $30 this roller is pretty barebones. If the price was dropped a bit or of the permission base was updated then I will take the leap.

This is on the same price range as the showcase which is a heavily modded addon & the price is warranted.

Last edited:
I will agree with the above posts.

At $30 this riller is pretty barebones. If the price was dropped a bit or of the permission base was updated then I will take the leap.

This is on the same price range as the showcase which is a heavily modded addon & the price is warrented.
It's a niche add-on, I am not willing to compromise on the price.
People that have a need for this have seen no problem in paying full price.

That's just it... I run a role play site and even the members stated they dont want there donations going towards this because of the price. They have requested a dice roller. I have to use the donations as they request.

Top Bottom