Threatened with a "facebook de-friending" ...

How did you explain that to her?
"Sorry honey, I thought it was the "I'll make dinner" tonight button". Then you made dinner and everything was fine?

It was supposed to be a joke. She was sort of stalking me, responding to every post or picture I made, tagging pictures of me all over the place, and I was like "Wtf? you're sitting in the same room with me! This is how we communicate now!?", so I unfriended her.

I don't remember anything else that happened that day, but an fb intervention is planned

Good thing I only have real life friends on Facebook! Otherwise I'd keep fighting with people over our serious online friendship! Oh and btw, I love the fact that my gf does not have FB, I use it mostly to communicate with family since I live far away from most of them, plus a few local surfing community talks. :)

I've only defriended one person. He is a pastor of a Southern church. We had had several back-and-forth debates about religion and both respected the other. Then Obama was elected and he went off the deep end. You know all those stupid and obviously fake FB posts that say Obama is a Muslim, that he's not American, etc. etc.? Well, this guy pushes all that out & doesn't back down even when you produce proof to the alternative.

After one particularly bad exchange I told him it bothered me that someone who professed to be Christian would say such hateful things and propagate obvious lies from a position of power. I apologized for having to do so but I felt he was no longer able to hold intelligent discussions and that I was having to block his vitriol.

Two points of this story that amuse me. First, he sent me a package in the mail soon after (my name, phone number and address are all public domain). It was a book that was trying to convert me to Christianity.

Second, the only reason he was a friend in the first place? Mafia Wars. I find that funny.

After one particularly bad exchange I told him it bothered me that someone who professed to be Christian would say such hateful things and propagate obvious lies from a position of power. I apologized for having to do so but I felt he was no longer able to hold intelligent discussions and that I was having to block his vitriol.

I am not a religious guy, but I respect everyone's beliefs. In one occasion, I was contacted by a Christian Pastor seeking for help with his vbulletin forum. I helped him restore his site, took me about 3 hours and while the search index was being rebuilt, I decided to browse through the forums to read some posts. I was shocked to see all the hateful comments made by ALL the pastors about black people. For a moment I thought I was browsing the c**mpout forums, but even the people at c**mpout forums are nicer towards blacks. LOL

I won't say I lost respect for christians or pastors for that matter, as I never really cared about them, but to see these people, who are "supposedly" "good people" and whose goal is to spread the word of God, peace, etc. acting worst than the average Joe? They better thank their God I'm not black, else I would have deleted their database(I still have access to their servers) :ROFLMAO:.

Anyway, this event only added to my belief that everyone is a sinner and no one deserves more respect than others, if at all.

Top Bottom