Resource icon

Threads <=> Resources 1.2.1

No permission to download
This is awesome.

I plan to use it to convert old threads to the new resource manager since my site made the move to the new way of hosting files.

Any way to have this bulk action? Like make every thread in a forum be turned into a resource in a particular section?

This is awesome.

I plan to use it to convert old threads to the new resource manager since my site made the move to the new way of hosting files.

Any way to have this bulk action? Like make every thread in a forum be turned into a resource in a particular section?

I suppose I could add it to the inline moderation...

Liam W updated Thread to Resource with a new update entry:

Inline Mod

Added 'Convert to resource' option to thread inline moderation.

If this route is used, multiple threads can be converted at once. The thread title will be used as the resource title, the first post content will be used as the resource description.

The resource will be a fileless resource. The tagline will be set based on the placeholder phrase.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great work Liam.

What happens to thread attachments during the conversion? Will they be moved over to the resource entry?

Great work Liam.

What happens to thread attachments during the conversion? Will they be moved over to the resource entry?

The attachments won't be linked to the resource, however they (should) still be linked to the thread.

Thanks Liam.

Does this re-direct from old threads > new resource entry? I guess the old threads can be deleted afterwards too?

Thanks Liam.

Does this re-direct from old threads > new resource entry? I guess the old threads can be deleted afterwards too?

The thread is linked to the resource created. It becomes the discussion thread for it.

If inline moderation is used, then the thread content will be the resource content, otherwise you'll be asked to enter resource content.

Liam

If you try to convert using inline moderation I noticed the phrases aren't showing correctly, you can see what I mean below:
8gtUk.png

BIG problem, that you disabled new registrations, although I do understand the reasons.
Couldn't you just provide the Add-On here on Xenforo as is, unsupported, so we can at least use it once to move prior vBulletin CMS articles to the Xenforo Resources?
Please, please take the little extra effort ... we would REALLY appreciate it a lot!

BIG problem, that you disabled new registrations, although I do understand the reasons.
Couldn't you just provide the Add-On here on Xenforo as is, unsupported, so we can at least use it once to move prior vBulletin CMS articles to the Xenforo Resources?
Please, please take the little extra effort ... we would REALLY appreciate it a lot!

I've enabled registration and disabled posting threads and replies.

Liam W updated Threads <=> Resources with a new update entry:

Many Changes

This update is relatively large...
  • If the first post of a converted (or linked) thread has 1 attachment, it is used as the file for the resource. Otherwise, no file is used and the resource is fileless.
  • The first post of a converted (or linked) thread will now be changed to represent what a resource thread would normally look like.
  • Resources can now be converted to threads, hence the name change. You will be prompted to choose a forum by entering it's URL. This is a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this working with 1.4? I don't seem to be getting the option to convert to resource. Permissions have allowed for it.

Top Bottom