XF 2.2 Threads out of order

Alvin63

Hi. A niggling thing. I have one parent node with the rest of my topics as child nodes, which contain threads.

However the threads don't display in the right order. I understand that anything stickied will be at the top but currently have a newly posted thread appearing below three much earlier threads. I've checked in Admin and it's set as "last" and "descending" for order so not sure why this would be. Its making it hard for people to find the newest threads (even though the 3 latest ones are shown as latest posts in the side bar).

Solved - some threads were stickied (didn't seem to show at first). :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Might want to try something like this, to make them stand out a little more:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Oz has a handy addon here:

Probably one or two others around, too.

So while we're on the topic of addons. The other thing I find is it's not always clear that there are new threads in different topics at first glance. Yes there is the "latest posts" in the sidebar. But looking at the nodes - the bubble is darker or lighter as is the type, but something a bit clearer to show which board has unread threads in could be helpful. I'm using a pixel exit style which I prefer to the default style, but something a bit more clear to show a node that has unread threads/

Cheers. Yes that is an option. I'm wondering though if a more prominent "Latest activity" section might work. At the moment you have to click on What's New and select "Latest Activity".

You could always create New posts or New thread widgets. You could create a homepage and have it display in the middle of the page there if you wanted. You could also try changing the Forums default page to New posts, see if you like that.

So I now have the Members recently online addon which is great :). At the top of the sidebar. I'd now like to move "Latest Posts" widgets up the page (above members online and staff online). Can't seem to work out how to change the widget order in the admin panel.

So I now have the Members recently online addon which is great :). At the top of the sidebar. I'd now like to move "Latest Posts" widgets up the page (above members online and staff online). Can't seem to work out how to change the widget order in the admin panel.
Just edit the widget's order number. If you have ticked "Forum list: Sidebar" in the widget's display positions, a field will open beneath it with a number you can set. In this case, it sounds like you would want to change it to 1 and then change the Members online widget's position number to 2

the bubble is darker or lighter as is the type, but something a bit clearer to show which board has unread threads in could be helpful.
You mean the forum home? It's really not an issue with a busy forum. In the forum that has the older posts when was the last post? If it's weeks, or even months old, you might want to consider consolidating some forums so they are more active. When they are all active no need to worry which has new vs. old posts.

Just edit the widget's order number. If you have ticked "Forum list: Sidebar" in the widget's display positions, a field will open beneath it with a number you can set. In this case, it sounds like you would want to change it to 1 and then change the Members online widget's position number to 2
Sorted thank you. Some had some strange numbers like 38 for the third one down :oops: but I just changed the top two to 1 and 2.

Top Bottom