1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 [thread=xxx] and [post=xxx]

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by imthebest, Mar 6, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I'm migrating from vB 3.8 where the system is configured to start a new thread on the staff forums whenever a new report is generated by a member. Problem is that all of those report threads don't look that good in xenForo:

Affected Thread: [thread=xxx]This is the thread title[/thread]
    Link to the Post: [post=xxx]here[/post]

What are my choices?

2. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/digital-point-thread-post-bbcode.87/

imthebest likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Or you can just add a simple custom BB code to cover them.

lazy llama likes this.
  4. imthebest

While the add-on is working fine I would prefer to manage this without an add-on but with a simple custom BB code. What should I put on HTML replacement and PHP callback?

5. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

imthebest likes this.
  6. SneakyDave

Ok, this is the post bbcode, thread bbcode would be similar:
    post_bbcode.png

imthebest and Chris D like this.
  7. SneakyDave

thread bbcode, nearly identical:
    thread_bbcode.png

imthebest and Chris D like this.
  8. SneakyDave

I'm not sure, but you may have to rebuild your post cache after creating those bbcodes.

9. imthebest

It's working and without the need to rebuild the cache thank you very much!

SneakyDave likes this.
  10. imthebest

I got a question. In the HTML I can see that you're writing "community/threads/{option}" but I'm using a route filter for threads called "topics" however the link generated by the BB code doesn't recognize the route filter. A workaround is to replace "threads" with "topics" in the HTML replacement but I'm wondering if there is a way to get it to recognize the route filter automatically?

When using the add-on by @digitalpoint it properly recognizes the route filter.

11. SneakyDave

Could be possible by utilizing a callback, but seems to me that it would be overkill coming up with that just for a "topics" route filter. Unless I misunderstand what you're trying to accomplish.

12. imthebest

I was thinking it was going to be easy. Anyway I have no problem in simply replacing "threads" with "topics" in the HTML replacement field. Thanks :)