Lack of interest Thread types get specific prefixes automatically assigned so we can see their type in general discussion forums

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Stuart Wright

From Kier’s tldr video, we can see that when viewing the the list of threads in a discussion forum, it’s not possible to distinguish between different thread types. I’d like to suggest that question threads in a discussion forum can be automatically assigned a selected prefix. Question would be the obvious one.
Also when a thread becomes solved, I would like that prefix to automatically change to a different selected prefix. Solved, for example.
This then indicates to viewers of the forum which threads are questions and which have been solved.
Similarly I would like to automatically assign article and poll threads a relevant prefix. (Prefixes would be redundant for suggestions since they can only live in suggestion forums. Except maybe in search results?)
Folks please like this post if you agree that we need to make thread types obvious in the forum_view.
Cheers

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It seems redundant to use a question prefix for a question, that's akin to marking all others discussion and poll.

If you check out the video you can sort all the questions, answers, solved, posted by you, etc. There's a nice filter bar at the top.

Check this out, I marked the startling point.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It seems redundant to use a question prefix for a question, that's akin to marking all others discussion and poll.

If you check out the video you can sort all the questions, answers, solved, posted by you, etc. There's a nice filter bar at the top.
Only in the dedicated Questions type forum. If you have a general discussion forum with questions and articles in, is there a way to instantly see those thread types in the forum view?

We actually have plans to add iconography to distinguish types in a discussion forum, rather than doing a land-grab on the thread prefix system.
Ok then, and is there worth in also showing solved questions? If I'm hunting down the solution to a problem, seeing that the question is solved will get my attention.
The advantage with using prefixes is that the prefix text is added to the page title and h1 tags, and this will help with SEO if people are searching for solved questions. E.g. Solved - Who is my real father?
Similarly, Poll - Are you my father? and Article - Where is my father?
These add to the useful information for SEO purposes.
Just throwing this out there.

We actually have plans to add iconography to distinguish types in a discussion forum, rather than doing a land-grab on the thread prefix system.
Was this done? I look down my thread list and see no difference between a discussion, question, or poll.

Top Bottom