• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Thread Rating

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Hmm I fail to see how the rating of a thread would be of any benefit to anything. A thread is likely to consist of good posts, bad posts and normal posts. How can you quantify a rating on an entire thread? A thread/topic on its own is no value. It's the posts within it that add the value. So for that reason, the individual like ratings for each post are a much better indicator.

CurveGotti

I always saw the thread rating system as bloat myself, I am sure there are some ways it could be useful, but I honestly think such a feature would be better as an add on.

simbolo

Hmm I fail to see how the rating of a thread would be of any benefit to anything. A thread is likely to consist of good posts, bad posts and normal posts. How can you quantify a rating on an entire thread? A thread/topic on its own is no value. It's the posts within it that add the value. So for that reason, the individual like ratings for each post are a much better indicator.
I think thumb up/down voting per post within a thread is more useful. Then if you wanted to take that and add those votes up that *might* be more representative of the entire post.