Duplicate Thread Rating

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The developers are aware of all the suggestions which have been made and have their own criteria for deciding which ones to develop.

Possibly, but not so likely, here is an example of a suggestion that is buried but has managed to get 86 likes, https://xenforo.com/community/threads/scheduled-post.4650/ the last reply was in 2013 but the latest likes were in 2018.
I'm not siding with the OP here, who I see has been getting a little belligerent, just pointing out that people liking suggestions is not a reliable indicator by itself of what people want or how many people want it. It's the equivalent of the Nielsen ratings when it comes to determining how many people are actually watching a show. :D

I used thread ratings with vB 3.8 to develop a widget (vBAdvanced module) displaying the "best threads" on the forum. I used a customized thread search that sorted threads based upon the average rating and the number of votes. Most threads in the list had just one or two votes. Several really good threads had 5 or more votes. I was able to influence where threads appeared in the list because the vote totals were low (and my vote would strongly influence the average). This was a really good feature for one of my forum sites and I'd love to have it available again as I migrate that site over to XF.

Top Bottom