• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Thread preview tooltip

kankan

Hello
Tooltip does not display on thread mouse hover.
What i tried :
- deactivating addons
- checked that Touch option were not set by default in Navigator
- checked option in Conversation/Message option : not set to O.

After refreshing the page, when i let the mouse over a thread title, the tooltip seems to appear (mention : loading). After page is loaded, the function is not working.

In FF console, i can see this message. Does not know if it has to deal with this issue :

Code:
The use of  « getPreventDefault() » is outdated. Use« defaultPrevented »instead.
From jquery.js:5:6598

Code:
Setup preview tooltip for threads/g750xx-pilotes-windows-7.10978/preview xenforo.js:380:433
XenForo.activate(%o) [object Object]
Thank for help

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Your site is heavily customised.

Does it work in a completely default unedited style with all add-ons disabled and all custom JS (e.g. for ads) removed?

kankan

Hi Brogan,
Switching to default Class Theme with all activated addon and Tooltip appear.
Just have to check where the issue occurs :/
any idea of template that might be impacted ?
i check thread_list but i did not changed it.
Thank you

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's hard to say what the cause of the problem is.

Try going back to the custom style with all add-ons disabled, that should narrow it down to an add-on or the style.

Then it's a case of working through each add-on or customisation until you find it.

kankan

Just found it thanks to Javascipt debug console :
In footer column i added this piece of code wich gave me this piece of issue ;)

Code:
<div id="google_translate_element"></div><script type="text/javascript">
function googleTranslateElementInit() {
  new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'fr', gaTrack: true, gaId: 'UA-xxxxx-1'}, 'google_translate_element');
}
</script><script type="text/javascript" src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit"></script>