XF 2.1 Thread Prefixes issue

Hi on some browsers our prefixes are coming out in the form

[ thread_prefix.718 ]

instead of the name thats defined in the Admin panel.

I've seen it happen in chrome - in incognito mode , in opera and also in firefox.

While I appreciate the behaviour is unexpected, this isn't something that would be caused by a bug within the software.

This sounds like it could be some sort of issue with an outdated code_cache - this is the directory on the server where we compile various things to executable PHP code, such as templates and phrase groups.

If this is happening sporadically, that would be highly unusual in normal usage.

Do you have multiple front-facing web servers?

While I appreciate the behaviour is unexpected, this isn't something that would be caused by a bug within the software.

This sounds like it could be some sort of issue with an outdated code_cache - this is the directory on the server where we compile various things to executable PHP code, such as templates and phrase groups.

If this is happening sporadically, that would be highly unusual in normal usage.

Do you have multiple front-facing web servers?

Yes we do - is there a fix ?

Well, no, but it seems like your setup is having issues with synchronising the code_cache directory.

For the reasons you have noticed, it is imperative that all front facing web servers have a consistent copy of the code_cache directory. Certain actions in the software, usually when saving to the database (such as saving templates, phrases etc.), will write content out to the code_cache directory.

If this directory is outdated somehow on a given web server then it may produce the symptoms you've described.

Top Bottom