XF 2.1 Thread prefixes do not display on redirect thread links

electrogypsy

I know this is probably 'function is as intended', but I'm working on something for my forum that uses redirect links to point users to important threads, and it would be REALLY great if I could have the thread prefix appear on the redirect link. A prefix is assigned to the destination thread, but it doesn't show on the link redirect to that thread.

Screenshot_2020-06-07 Travel Gear.webp

Does anyone have some ideas on how I could accomplish this? I looked at doing a template edit but couldn't find where I needed to make the change.

Redirects are basically point in time snapshots of when the redirect was made. They don't reflect any changes made after that. (Their primary purpose is to leave a record in the previous location to aid someone coming back looking for a thread.)

If you wanted to do any sort of syncing it'd require custom development.

If you wanted to do any sort of syncing it'd require custom development.

Oh, I see, my destination node did not have that prefix assigned to it, so when I moved it and left the re-direct, it took away the prefix from the redirect.

Doing it again now (moving back to previous forum, enabling prefix for both forum nodes, moving back again) it does leave the prefix, and that's all i need since I won't be moving it again (no sync needed).

So this was my mistake I guess, sorry about that, I think we can close/trash this thread.

Top Bottom