Won't fix Thread permanently deleted still show link to view

truonglv

In moderation action. The link will be redirected to other threads. :)

As i see. All thread have same id. Examle thread1.190 , thread2.190, etc... Same with the currently thread id I saw

I don't really understand the report or how to reproduce it.

It possibly looks like you've permanently deleted a thread and then the ID was reused. This is the sort of thing that you'd likely only see in a local development server as IDs won't be reused unless MySQL is restarted (and there is nothing higher than the ID in the DB). Obviously we need to maintain the thread's information and relationships across a hard delete, so changing this behavior is probably worse.

Hi. Why still show view link to thread has been permanty deleted? If permanty deleted so won't exist thread, the link don't need anymore :)

I don't really understand the report or how to reproduce it.

It possibly looks like you've permanently deleted a thread and then the ID was reused. This is the sort of thing that you'd likely only see in a local development server as IDs won't be reused unless MySQL is restarted (and there is nothing higher than the ID in the DB). Obviously we need to maintain the thread's information and relationships across a hard delete, so changing this behavior is probably worse.

I think he's referring to the "view thread" option still being available even after it has been hard deleted.

The moderator log record for that is just a notification -- it doesn't really differ from any other type of log entry so it's not really detectable.

But what I explained in the first message indicates why in normal situations this wouldn't generally happen (in the front end).

Top Bottom