XF 1.4 Thread Order

aleclee

My board just went live on XF this morning after nearly 15 years on vBulletin. :)

After a few initial issues, the biggest current irritation is that the posts aren't appearing in the expected order (last post, descending). Is there something wonky in my forum config or is there another issue. The other reports of post ordering questioned the system clock but I'll assure that that we don't have any such issues.

If it's not a config issue, the only idea I can come up with is that the delayed insert feature is messing with the order in which the records appear in the database.

Any thoughts? TIA!

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 16.11.55 .webp

Try rebuilding the thread information to see if that makes a difference.

However, this looks more like a display issue which makes me wonder if there is an add-on at play. It's worth confirming with them disabled. That said, I imagine this could be down to an add-on adding a conflicting column name to a table which could cause the field to be fetched even with the add-on disabled.

Thanks! The site owners were very nervous about scaring off the old-time members who'd become used to that style after 15 years on vB. The guy who created the skin did a nice job of keeping it comfortably familiar while providing support for XF's newer functions.

There are always some curmudgeons but in general folks are pretty satisfied after the switch.

The biggest pushback is probably because we took the opportunity to rid ourselves of Tapatalk. We had a number of issues where the app would work around some of our add-ons and cause admin headaches. We've gotten a number of gripes about no mobile app support but the owners are comfortable that XF offers a reasonable mobile experience without a 3rd party mobile app.

Top Bottom