• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Thread Order Changes

Hey All...
So I am finally poking around the ACP, and after watching the video tutorial on color changes, I was able to modify the look of my forum.
Its all a start.
Now, I have a question.
Once I have established a Category, then a forum below it,
How do I move up or down a forum within that category?
For example, as my site grows, I would like to add more forums within a category.
Also, can I move up or down a category after implementing?
What I am expecting is to add more content for demand that was not included when first creating my list.

Jeremy

You need to edit the display order per forum. I suggest you don't don't so them sequentially (ie do them in increments of 10-20) allowing you to inject forums.

I understand.
I was using a numerical order for forums initiated, however, there will be more to come with numbers between what I have existing.
Is it possible to reassign the forum number order whereby a changed forum number gets replaced in its new order?
IE : forum 5 needs to be moved down to position 6 or 7 or whatever.
Change forum 5 to the new forum position number.
Would that work?

On category order changes, would that apply the same way?

Jeremy

You need to edit the node manually and update the display order. If you do it by 10-20 in between, you can inject forums by say, adding 5 to a display order (so 10, 20, 30. You want to add a node in between 10 and 20, you can define the new node's display order to be 15 without needing to change any other node).