1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread move reveals all nodes

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mouth, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Hi,

When moving a forum thread, my mods can see the full list of nodes as values in the drop-down destination. How can I correct this so that they can only see i) forum nodes, not page nodes etc. and ii) nodes for which they do not have mod access

Thanks.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I just tested this. Restricted nodes (which the user cannot access) do not show in the list of target forums.

Non-forum nodes show but are grayed out because you can't move a thread to a non-forum node. You can change this by editing this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_fields_move

You can see it adds a "disabled" attribute for non-forum nodes:

Code:
    		<select name="node_id" id="ctrl_node_id" class="textCtrl selectForum">
    		<xen:foreach loop="$nodeOptions" value="$node">
    			<option value="{$node.node_id}" {xen:selected '{$node.node_id} == {$firstThread.node_id}'}
    				{xen:if "{$node.node_type_id} != 'Forum'", 'disabled="disabled"'}>{xen:string repeat, '&nbsp; ', $node.depth}{$node.title}</option>
    		</xen:foreach>
    		</select>

That is the relevant code. You can change it however you want.

3. Mouth

Mouth Well-Known Member

Thank-you!

I changed it to:

Code:
            <select name="node_id" id="ctrl_node_id" class="textCtrl selectForum">
            <xen:foreach loop="$nodeOptions" value="$node">
    <xen:if is="{$node.node_type_id} == 'Forum'">
                <option value="{$node.node_id}" {xen:selected '{$node.node_id} == {$firstThread.node_id}'}>{xen:string repeat, '&nbsp; ', $node.depth}{$node.title}</option>
    </xen:if>
            </xen:foreach>
            </select>

Jake Bunce likes this.