Thread deletion error

OverHere

When I delete a thread it says:

Global Discussion Forum - Error
The requested thread could not be found.

But, the thread actually does get deleted.

What is the cause and resolution of this error?

Thanks.

How are you deleting the thread? There is one possible scenario where it could redirect you back to the thread even after it's been removed.

Otherwise, I'd look at add-ons. See if you can reproduce it with all add-ons disabled.

Please see the 2 attached files... both Admin & a User added threads and when Admin deletes the thread via the moderator block he sees the attached 2 files, 1 & 2. The error is in no. 2.

What do you think?

deletion1.webp deletion2.webp

Peter will test via disabling add-ons etc., but i just realised that my error only happens when as Admin you use the moderator pop up window (shown above) and then you check Permanent Delete and press 'delete posts' to permanently delete a thread, not when you use other delete options there like that in the Thread Tools and the delete option near 'IP' 'Report' etc.:

pop.webp

So, something is wrong in or around the pop-up moderator block.

Any idea on this?

See my previous post: this is the known behavior when using the inline mod tools to delete the thread (when leading to a situation where you can't see the thread, generally permanent deletion).

This is an error I can actually reproduce in 1.1.5, both on the client's forum without any add-ons, as well as on my stock 1.1.5 local test forum.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a new thread.
2) As an admin, open up the thread (or, if you posted as an admin, it'll take you there directly).
3) Check the checkbox in the fipo, causing the pop-up to show up:

bug1.webp
4) Click Delete to bring up the inline moderation overlay, and select "Permanently delete":

bug2.webp

5) Click on "Delete Posts":

bug3.webp

@Mike wouldn't it be better to use the forumindexpage as redirect target, if $firstPostCount > 0 ?

because if firstPostCount > 0 => at least 1 deleted thread =>big chance that no thread redirect is possible
or if all posts(threads) are from the same forum => redirect to the forum, like when a moderated thread is inserted

Attachments

Last edited:
As @Mike said, i'm not sure if it's really a bug, that's how the inline moderation is working:D

But i also agree, that it can really be annoying

No this is not how this is working .. only until a few days ago deleting a thread here wasn't showing this error, and deleting a thread in other 'delete' options on that page also doesn't show this error.

Before, deleting via this this specific route was working just fine as it does via other thread delete options,

So, @Mike, please see to this and advise.

No this is not how this is working .. only until a few days ago deleting a thread here wasn't showing this error, and deleting a thread in other 'delete' options on that page also doesn't show this error.

Before, deleting via this this specific route was working just fine as it does via other thread delete options,

So, @Mike, please see to this and advise.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same:D

If you use the default xenforo inline moderation, you'll be redirected back to the thread, you were viewing, while using the inline moderation.
Steps to reproduce http://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-deletion-error.52074/#post-558251

Maybe you're talking about inline moderation on "forum level" and not "thread level"?

I have the same issue. Is there anyway to change the error message? For example add a redirect link to homepage. Say, click here to redirect to homepage, or maybe click here to search for a thread.

Top Bottom