Add-on Thread Count

Lawrence

I've installed the Thread Count add-on on my site for testing.

What it does is keep track of the number of threads started by your members. It display's their thread counts in the visitor panel, profile page, member card (Tooltip), and in the message user info block (if selected in the style property). It also adds a new member stat: Thread count.

There are four new permissions added to be used per node, allowing admins to set how many threads a member must have to view the node, view others threads, make replies, or post their own thread.

A demo can be found here: EAE Add-ons. I didn't set any of the permissions for the unregistered group for demonstration purposes only.

No. Coded from the ground up by me.

Great, Does you have this functionality?

• Respect per-forum "Count messages posted in this forum toward user total" option
  • Thread counter real time AJAX updated. Thread count When thread created .
  • Thread counter updated when thread are deleted or moved to new node (Respect per-forum "Count messages posted in this forum toward user total" option)
  • Rebuild caches > Rebuild user thread counts? (Correct those thread counts)

Great, Does you have this functionality?

• Respect per-forum "Count messages posted in this forum toward user total" option
  • Thread counter real time AJAX updated. Thread count When thread created .
  • Thread counter updated when thread are deleted or moved to new node (Respect per-forum "Count messages posted in this forum toward user total" option)
  • Rebuild caches > Rebuild user thread counts? (Correct those thread counts)

1. the add-on increases thread count by one if visible, and decreases the thread count by one if not visible. I haven't added code to check if a thread is moved to/from a forum where messages are not counted. I'm not sure if that is worthwhile as I want to keep track of the numbers of all created threads for each user (for another add-on I am currently working on).
2. No ajax call required from my testing, the count is increased by one right away. It uses setAsSaved for the user cache.
3. Updated for deleted/undeleted threads, yes. For the second part, please see number 1.
4. Yes. In fact after installing the add-on you need to rebuild the users thread count totals.

Thank-you for showing interest, and letting me know about the forum setting for not increasing thread count when messages are not counted, it gives me something to ponder, as I'm not sure it is worth the overhead. Getting credit for creating a thread is fine by me, but not counting messages is another thing due to the nature of some threads in particular forums.

Lawrence

Last edited:
Thank-you for showing interest, and letting me know about the forum setting for not increasing thread count when messages are not counted, it gives me something to ponder, as I'm not sure it is worth the overhead. Getting credit for creating a thread is fine by me, but not counting messages is another thing due to the nature of some threads in particular forums.

It doesn't make much sense to count threads in a forum that no messages are counted in.

ScreenShot00031.png

I want to keep track of the numbers of all created threads for each user

Then you should add option for count or not for Respect per-forum "Count messages posted in this forum toward user total" option?

Last edited:
@Nirjonadda I should not have posted my earlier reply until I had my first cup of coffee for the day, lol. It occurred to me, a little while ago that if I do not take into account threads posted in a forum that does not increase a members message count, then a member could end up with a higher thread count than their message count, which is not right to say the least, so I will adjust thread counts of threads posted/moved into/out of a forum that does not increase the members message count, :)

I made the changes to the add-on, it now supports moving threads to/from a forum that does not allow messages to be counted towards a members messages count. It also rebuilds thread counts based on if a forum allows message counts or not.

Thank-you again for pointing this out to me, @Nirjonadda, much appreciated,

Lawrence

Top Bottom