1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Thread Control Panel

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by xsteve, Jul 20, 2015.

1. xsteve

xsteve New Member

I am a moderator and administrator and want to access the control panel for a thread to make sure that none of its settings had been modified, which might be preventing a user from posting to it all of a sudden. Where is the thread control panel located? Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it's for a single thread, check the reply ban using the thread tools dropdown.

3. xsteve

xsteve New Member

Thanks, Brogan. If there's nothing listed under there, I assume that means there are no reply bans for the thread? Any other reason you can think of why one specific user would be unable to post a two paragraph reply to a thread (fewer than 400 words) but could post it as two separate posts of one paragraph each? Everyone else can reply to the thread without issue.

4. Brogan

What was the exact error?

Check the plain text version of the posts content, it could be a character limit issue.

5. xsteve

xsteve New Member

How do I check the plain text version?

The error message was:

Forbidden: You don’t have permission to access /community/threads/235445/reply/preview.

6. Brogan

Do you have any add-ons installed?

That URL isn't exposed so there's no reason why they should be accessing it.

7. xsteve

xsteve New Member

No add-ons installed.

8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That sounds like a web server error, so probably something along the lines of mod_security. Your host should be able to identify specifically what error is being caused by that request and likely resolve it by whitelisting that rule for your site.

9. xsteve

xsteve New Member

Thanks, Mike. As Brogan knows too-well already, my host is incapable of doing anything helpful, but I will ask them to whitelist the guilty request.