1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Thread changed to link

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Junior, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Junior

Junior Well-Known Member

I did a little bit of searching and was unable to find this addon.

I'd like to have an extra option inside threads that allows me to add a link for a thread. When someone clicks to view the thread it should instead send them to the link instead of displaying a post.

Some extra features I don't need but others may like would be the ability to control what usergroup can use the link thread option and the ability to have a thread open in the same window or target="blank".
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Does this fix your problem?

In template template_list_item, change this line of code:
    <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
    To this
    <a href="{xen:link "threads", $thread}"
    Now, when you click at an unread thread title, it will bring you to the first post, and not the first unread post :)
  3. Junior

Junior Well-Known Member

4. James

James Well-Known Member

He wants something similar to the page node/forum linking options. Instead of the thread acting as a functional thread, it acts as a redirect to another website.
    www.xenforo.com/community/threads/1 -> click -> www.example.com
    Vincent and Junior like this.
  5. Donnie La Curan

Donnie La Curan Active Member

Actually looking for something like this as well.

I'd like to be able to make a post in a forum like normal so that it shows the up as a latest post. But if you click on the link to the thread it will send you to another link that you put in.

Basically a checkbox to say this is a redirect thread and then an input are to give the URL to redirect to.