Thread and PM redirection bug?

vhsam

From time-to-time certain threads and PMs are unclickable, and will instead redirect to the home page when attempting to access. I have looked into this particular bug, but find myself unable to find the root cause. These threads and messages haven't been deleted by the user or staff.

When I hit F12, I see no errors in the console. I presumed it was a broken link, as sometimes that causes the issue, but this does not seem to be the case this time.

I'd appreciate any insight into this problem, thank you.

I have moved this thread from bugs to troubleshooting as it is more likely to be a local issue than a bug in the software.

We would need to be able to reproduce it on demand in order to offer any advice as to why it's happening.

Reverting to a default style and disabling add-ons should rule out third party code.
Other things to check would be any sort of custom rewrite rules server side.

Reverting to a default style and disabling add-ons should rule out third party code.
I should've mentioned these were first things I've tried myself. I am still making sure I didn't remove or modify anything that I shouldn't have, though.

Thank you for the quick response, nonetheless.

If changing the title resolves it, that would seem to imply that there's a bad custom redirect defined.

It's not really clear if this is a sporadic issue for specific threads or if it always affects certain threads (but others are fine). If it's the latter, it's likely the redirect issue I mentioned. If it's the former and it happens seemingly randomly, that would certainly apply something different is happening between requests and your host would be the one to know whether the requests are triggering different paths (for example, if they are suddenly doing reverse proxying or traffic scrubbing).

Top Bottom