Thoughts on the new Gmail Design?

Where can you change the location of the Chat & SMS block?

In the LABS you have this option:

Sem título.webp

Well, i really don't see why they had to change the old interface. That said, I don't really mind either way. It looks just fine. I actually think they didn't get this whole Google plus look right. It just doesn't look "slick" like XF here does...

"Slick" for email ui's and/or social networks is different then "slick" for forum designs.

I really like the modern look, no problems there. But the extra space around everything, and the text turned into icons. Makes it more risky to just click on something. I want to know for certain I click on archive/markread and not delete or mark as spam. You now have to 'learn' what their icons mean, and surely they will change.​
I prefer to have an option that lets me show buttons as text buttons. Email is important, and the way you mark it read, archive, label or delete it, is equally important.​
The simplicity of the previous design wins, you get more of your mail on the screen, important stuff at the top.​
Now it's just the important stuff, because there's so much white space everywhere that you have room for 10 mails tops.​
A lot has improved, but I would like to have some control over personal preferences.​
I still dont understand why I have to mark it read first, then archive it.​
Or send the mail, and then find it to archive it.​
I always used the labs addon that changed the buttons to [send & archive] [just send] and [mark read & archive] [just archive]​

I really like the modern look, no problems there. But the extra space around everything, and the text turned into icons. Makes it more risky to just click on something. I want to know for certain I click on archive/markread and not delete or mark as spam. You now have to 'learn' what their icons mean, and surely they will change.​
I prefer to have an option that lets me show buttons as text buttons. Email is important, and the way you mark it read, archive, label or delete it, is equally important.​
The simplicity of the previous design wins, you get more of your mail on the screen, important stuff at the top.​
Now it's just the important stuff, because there's so much white space everywhere that you have room for 10 mails tops.​
A lot has improved, but I would like to have some control over personal preferences.​
I still dont understand why I have to mark it read first, then archive it.​
Or send the mail, and then find it to archive it.​
I always used the labs addon that changed the buttons to [send & archive] [just send] and [mark read & archive] [just archive]​

Compact gives you around 20 emails, well for me at least.

Compact gives you around 20 emails, well for me at least.
Where can I find this?
I used to have the 'fake theme' that's more like this one, which I believe had a few options.
But I got prompted to change to the 'new' gmail theme, which is now the mail default one.
Under settings > theme > I don't see Compact?

I've been using the new theme since they released it in beta, and I actually like it, much more so than the older theme.

I do agree about the compose button however, and kind of wish they'd use a different color for it.

Where can I find this?
I used to have the 'fake theme' that's more like this one, which I believe had a few options.
But I got prompted to change to the 'new' gmail theme, which is now the mail default one.

Here:

Sem título.webp

Where can I find this?

Look at the gear icon and click that, gives you three options, compact, cozy, and comfortable.

Top Bottom