Thorough forum SEO/META settings

Chernabog

It seems that only very dew parts of XenForo allow for any SEO/Metadata ... which makes it hard to help get the forum more rankings. Would love to see a more robust system to help forum owners get their hard worked better ranked in the search engines.

Upvote 0
Such as?

You need to give specifics.

Sorry, about that. I'm not the best with technical things, and I am trying to think of some examples to provide you. I'll have to play around to find a good example. I notice that on some areas of our XF community, if I put a link in Discord (for example) when it unfurls and shows our community name and logo there may not be any decent explanation of the area they're going to. This tends to happen more with add-ons which may be out of what you can control on your end.

This should be better for 2.3. Have you seen the have you seen for link unfurling? See below, which ironically also shows the unfurling.

That's not really an SEO issue.

However, 2.3. introduces embedding content on external sites.

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

and I am trying to think of some examples to provide you. I'll have to play around to find a good example.
A good example might be custom meta titles and descriptions for threads.

On-site keyword, heading structure and text analysis. (Like WP Yoast). More obvious and user friendly alt tag implementation, ie prompt to add alt tag and title at the point of image upload/embed.

Batch update threads to noindex

Last edited:
Top Bottom