XF 1.4 "This page isn't working" when attempting to install older version

Bronze

I have an older license for Xenforo 1.4.5 that I'm trying to install. I've uploaded the files into a "forum" directory inside public_html via FileZilla. Two files show as not transferring properly (Reflection/Docblock.php and Amazon/Accessories.php).

Not sure if that could be related, but the upload otherwise completes, then I enter mysite.com/forum or mysite.com/forum/install and it gives me an error page either way:

"This page isn't working" and HTTP ERROR 500

Any thoughts? I wasn't sure if this old version would even still work but figured it was worth a shot for my unimportant project.

It will work as long as the server environment is suitable.

What version of php and mysql is running?

I would also ditch Filezilla and use WinSCP - Filezilla is notorious for skipping files.

It will work as long as the server environment is suitable.

What version of php and mysql is running?

I would also ditch Filezilla and use WinSCP - Filezilla is notorious for skipping files.
I will try WinSCP, thanks!

And looks like mysql is 5.6 and php is 8.1.16.

Last edited:
These thoughts are written in the server logs. Just read them.. ;)
Thanks for the heads up! I'm clearly not very savvy with this stuff, but I am savvy enough to dig in if pointed in the right direction.

It appears it's searching for this file and not finding it:

File: ".../forum/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php"

I can see in the file manager that Autoloader.php doesn't exist in that XenForo folder, only more folders (no files).

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here. I can post the actual error code but not sure if there's anything confidential in there I shouldn't be pasting publicly.

Top Bottom