XF 2.0 Threads per page isn't working

Forumzster

The threads per page isn't working, It should start a new page after 30 threads. It is going beyond 50 threads and still no next page.

Edit:

My bad I just realized I made all 51 threads sticky, that’s most likely why they keep going without a page break.

I don’t know how to allow replies and keep the threads in the same order.

Last edited:
Have you gone to Options > Threads, Discussions & Conversations and set the threads per page option? So if you want it to be 30 threads per page just add 30 threads in that box and it should work. If not that's odd behavior but I think there must be something on your end that wasn't set properly.

Yep, I just made this edit above:

My bad I just realized I made all 51 threads sticky, that’s most likely why they keep going without a page break.

I don’t know how to allow replies and keep the threads in the same order.

Yep that was it I had 51 sticky threads! LOL 😂 I actually thought that would work too! 😂
I unstuck them all and now it’s 30 posts per page.

Is there a way to only make one board stay in the same thread post order without bumping up when someone replies?

In Forums > Node permissions, select the forum you don't want new threads. For the Registered user group, set "Post new thread" to No (don't set it to Never as it can't be overridden). For any user groups you do want to post new threads, select their user group and set that permission to Yes.

Of course if you want to do that for every forum (rather than just certain ones) you should do this in user group permissions instead.

In Forums > Node permissions, select the forum you don't want new threads. For the Registered user group, set "Post new thread" to No (don't set it to Never as it can't be overridden). For any user groups you do want to post new threads, select their user group and set that permission to Yes.

Of course if you want to do that for every forum (rather than just certain ones) you should do this in user group permissions instead.

Thank you Bro! That’s exactly what I needed to do, it’s working perfect!

Top Bottom