This or burning board 4?

Electrocaseal

so im thinking about buying this or burning board 4. in all honesty i think burning board 4 did a little bit better on their design but they dont seem to have a cms portal for their front page. i saw a plug in for that with this forum software and it looked really nice.

so im thinking about buying this or burning board 4. in all honesty i think burning board 4 did a little bit better on their design but they dont seem to have a cms portal for their front page. i saw a plug in for that with this forum software and it looked really nice.
You can't put weight on what it looks like from the front end - since xenForo can be so easily customized to look how you want also. Before I settled on XF, I downloaded the lite version of Burning Board - and honestly wasn't that impressed with it.

http://beta.woltlab.com/
look at their beta for version 4. its very comparable to this now. yes version 3 was really bad in comparison
Mehhh... still not impressed. Looks like the grabbed features from XF and vB and IPB and crammed them together. I'll stick with what I got, thank you. ;)
And JESUS... two posts only on screen at a time... and I'm running on a 32" monitor. Godawful waste of screen real estate.

BTW, you can make XF "flashier" also. :rolleyes:
It got a little tedious browsing their site. Just something about it that I wasn't attracted to.

Mehhh... still not impressed. Looks like the grabbed features from XF and vB and IPB and crammed them together. I'll stick with what I got, thank you. ;)
And JESUS... two posts only on screen at a time... and I'm running on a 32" monitor. Godawful waste of screen real estate.

It got a little tedious browsing their site. Just something about it that I wasn't attracted to.
theres some things i like a little bit better about burning board 4 than here. mainly just the graphics but it does seem a lot more underdeveloped than this. i will probably just go with this.

Yeah. Feels like xF + RT Online Status Ribbon + Waindigo Addon with vB 5 post style and IP.B Post Profile style.

theres some things i like a little bit better about burning board 4 than here. mainly just the graphics but it does seem a lot more underdeveloped than this. i will probably just go with this.
That's my point... the "graphics" are easily modifiable. As an Admin, that should not be your first impression (your job as the Admin is to make the forum presentable to your users by styling it and making sure the feature set is what you need). Shelley's board is a classic case as well as Jaxel, and John at RazorThemes (not crazy about the colors here -but the design is nice http://razorthemes.com and look at the fluid blue live demo in the store ).

Top Bottom