This is why we no longer use Paypal

Dwolla looks promising .... In the middle of signing up for it.

So does Stripe ......

Always good to have options for the future.... Still prefer Google Checkout though. :)
Dwolla definitely looks promising but it's such a set back being only available to the USA. :( Stripe is pretty awesome, of course it's nothing like Dwolla when it comes to the price of fees per transaction but their API is awesome and so is their dashboard.

I bought a Authorize.net addon here made by LancerforHire. That's the only alternative to paypal payment that I have seen so far and the money saved is way more than the cost of the addon.
Sadly, he no longer sells it here but you can contact him directly.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/authorize-net-integration-paid-deleted.27926/

That's the problem with these paid addons for Xenforo. The developer comes in with a good addon, rakes in all the money, then abandons the addon to die and disappears. That's why people are cautious before they pay for something that will turn into vaporware! Poof! Gone! Why would anyone want to buy from somebody like that?! You can't trust that they're going to support their own product.

If another developer we're to come along that would actually support their add-on, what payment processors would people like to see integrated into XenForo? Dwolla? Stripe?

If another developer we're to come along that would actually support their add-on, what payment processors would people like to see integrated into XenForo? Dwolla? Stripe?

Just get a merchant account and take credit cards.

Good grief if the guy with the ice cream bike can accept credit cards on his iPhone, everybody can, from XenForo itself, which loses sales due to its use of PayPal, to any of the Add-on developers and coders.

In the past years...Paypal has mysteriously taken over $200 dollars from us, that can't be accounted for anywhere. I had all my books reconciled for last year and had them all up to date until Sept 2012. I went to update them today to send to my CPA and the WHOLE YEAR was off. So I kept looking back...and they took money out of my account and showing it was taken out prior to the first of this year. They are thieves. It hasn't happened in the last few years but the first 2 years they stole $200 from me that I was on the phone with them for hours and they couldn't give me an answer as to where the money was and why my books (with their numbers) was showing one total yet they were showing a totally different total ($200 off).

I wish Paypal would just keel over and some other, BETTER company took its place in the market.

In the past years...Paypal has mysteriously taken over $200 dollars from us, that can't be accounted for anywhere. I had all my books reconciled for last year and had them all up to date until Sept 2012. I went to update them today to send to my CPA and the WHOLE YEAR was off. So I kept looking back...and they took money out of my account and showing it was taken out prior to the first of this year. They are thieves. It hasn't happened in the last few years but the first 2 years they stole $200 from me that I was on the phone with them for hours and they couldn't give me an answer as to where the money was and why my books (with their numbers) was showing one total yet they were showing a totally different total ($200 off).

I wish Paypal would just keel over and some other, BETTER company took its place in the market.
*cough*cough* Dwolla *cough*cough*

Paypal isn't a bank, and as such are not subjected to same regulations as a bank. If I am not mistaken, technically any money in your Paypal account is their money, not yours, and they can basically do what they want with it. That is why we see many cases where big accounts are locked, funds are frozen (or in Paypal's care), and no explanation is given to the owner. If they were considered a bank, they would be quite different, and held accountable for your money (and they would have to guarantee it).

If Paypal keeled over today, the company that takes over might seem better, until they have a controlling market share and can do what they want with their users.

In the next few years, PayPal will have a competitor. With the influx of these payment processors on the market, I think the reality is there. I'm surprised Google hasn't pushed further to take PayPal's marketshare.

I mean, some retailers are even putting up PayPal logos on the front of their freakin' doors. Where are you, google!?

Paypal isn't a bank, and as such are not subjected to same regulations as a bank. If I am not mistaken, technically any money in your Paypal account is their money, not yours, and they can basically do what they want with it. That is why we see many cases where big accounts are locked, funds are frozen (or in Paypal's care), and no explanation is given to the owner. If they were considered a bank, they would be quite different, and held accountable for your money (and they would have to guarantee it).

If Paypal keeled over today, the company that takes over might seem better, until they have a controlling market share and can do what they want with their users.
While they aren't a bank...they can't go back into previous years like they have to change the books. That is ILLEGAL.

While they aren't a bank...they can't go back into previous years like they have to change the books. That is ILLEGAL.
My point was merely that they aren't subjected to the same regulations as a bank. For example, a bank could never close an account like Paypal have done on multiple occasions (Mohjang and a few impromptu charity runs comes to mind). It wouldn't surprise me that it isn't directly illegal for them to withdraw funds from your Paypal account, it would probably be a breach of contract or similar.

Top Bottom