This is why we no longer use Paypal

I'm from Estonia, not Ukraine.

I think you have confused sending and receiving payments. Many countries can send payments, all online payment systems are happy to take your money, but only businesses from 2 countries can accept those payments.
I'm not confused.

The screen shot shows that other people from other countries can indeed sign up to accept payments as a business.

I do not know why your country seems to be blocked.

Google has the habit to display the standard "USA and UK" notice to any country they block. Trust me, other people outside America and The UK can indeed accept payment.

Why does Google use that standard notice?

Not sure. Lazy?! Maybe just so someone will not push the issue. Poor web mastering..... Don't know.

I do know that when Google Checkout first started, it was only US and UK. But that has changed, the notice has not.

First of all....2% of over 100 million users and only on accounts with large jumps in activity means that freezing over 2 million accounts allows a company to earn points on money of yours that they are holding...even if it is just for a couple days...think about the tally in the end.

Is it avoidable?....completely....for a company as large as them...with the money they generate they can afford a million dollars or 2 a year to staff an office of people to call people from a number on file to confirm that they are doing something legit before taking actions on a flagged account...If that is a hassle for a large company, they should think about the fact that for a small company relying on them to move money around in digital form, being locked out from their funds could cause them irreparable damages. Not everything should be automated....period.

If they are going to have the fees they have, they should at least put some of them towards keeping their giant mass of a company from gravitating smaller companies whose financial transactions are based in large around paypal into a dangerous space.

If they freeze your account they should be able to speak to you in person in under 12 hours. We are talking financial here...as a consumer you do paypal a favor by keeping money in their accounts...they gain interest on your money while you gain none. Under that premise...I will assume that they have plenty of money available to setup a program to prevent measures like this....

For the most part I am happy with paypal...would I try other services if I thought I could trust them?, sure...but the only negative experiences I have had myself with PP was paying for things/not receiving/escalation fail/wait 6 months for money and because it was small amounts...I just stopped using them for 1 year for each transaction in which this occurred.

We are even for now...but don't think if someone can create a solid payment gate that is world wide and also have real call centers where you are talking to someone from your own country where answers are given clearly and well thought out and not read from a cue card that I would not be doing my transactions with them...because I would. End of story.

Until then, I am limited as to what I can use and will have to deal with what is available and usable. (FWIW I have had more problems with a single unnamed bank than paypal...so for each his own experience and thus his own interpretation of the situation.)

First of all....2% of over 100 million users and only on accounts with large jumps in activity means that freezing over 2 million accounts allows a company to earn points on money of yours that they are holding...even if it is just for a couple days...think about the tally in the end.

Is it avoidable?....completely....for a company as large as them...with the money they generate they can afford a million dollars or 2 a year to staff an office of people to call people from a number on file to confirm that they are doing something legit before taking actions on a flagged account...If that is a hassle for a large company, they should think about the fact that for a small company relying on them to move money around in digital form, being locked out from their funds could cause them irreparable damages. Not everything should be automated....period.

If they are going to have the fees they have, they should at least put some of them towards keeping their giant mass of a company from gravitating smaller companies whose financial transactions are based in large around paypal into a dangerous space.

If they freeze your account they should be able to speak to you in person in under 12 hours. We are talking financial here...as a consumer you do paypal a favor by keeping money in their accounts...they gain interest on your money while you gain none. Under that premise...I will assume that they have plenty of money available to setup a program to prevent measures like this....

For the most part I am happy with paypal...would I try other services if I thought I could trust them?, sure...but the only negative experiences I have had myself with PP was paying for things/not receiving/escalation fail/wait 6 months for money and because it was small amounts...I just stopped using them for 1 year for each transaction in which this occurred.

We are even for now...but don't think if someone can create a solid payment gate that is world wide and also have real call centers where you are talking to someone from your own country where answers are given clearly and well thought out and not read from a cue card that I would not be doing my transactions with them...because I would. End of story.

Until then, I am limited as to what I can use and will have to deal with what is available and usable. (FWIW I have had more problems with a single unnamed bank than paypal...so for each his own experience and thus his own interpretation of the situation.)

(y)

If you read the NYT article, they hire hundred of Math PhD to detect fraud and freeze your account so hiring people to solve customer services problem is not something they can't do.

If you read the NYT article, they hire hundred of Math PhD to detect fraud and freeze your account so hiring people to solve customer services problem is not something they can't do.
Really .... I'd like to question where those Math PhD got their degree and their reasoning .... Cause within Paypal ... They seem to be lacking both.

Bingo !!!

Paypal was first. Period.

Everything else their public relations department said in the quote is just that... Public relations. Nothing more than a P.R. Campaign

Google Checkout https://checkout.google.com/sell/
  • Fees are lower (much lower)
  • No waiting for payment
  • No holds on payment
  • No balance holding
  • Accepted in more places world-wide than paypal
  • Send invoices, just like PayPal
  • Have buy now buttons, just like paypal
  • Easy to use for both buyer and seller
Except that the few places I want to use something like Paypal, Paypal is generally accepted and Google Checkout generally isn't. So it's not viable for me personally even if it'd be better.

can you send $ to India or UK with google checkout?
I have.

I've gotten money from all over and also sent money all over.

For myself so far..... America, Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, France, Russia, India, and Pakistan have all sent me money.

America, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, and India have all sold me something.

Except that the few places I want to use something like Paypal, Paypal is generally accepted and Google Checkout generally isn't. So it's not viable for me personally even if it'd be better.
Other than eBay, which owns PayPal (a lot of people don't seem to know that and I'm often surprised) ... Where would you not be able to use Google Checkout, yourself as a seller.

Would give google checkout a try, but it looks like you have to have a credit card or be a registered company?

Would give google checkout a try, but it looks like you have to have a credit card or be a registered company?
Nope. You can simply claim to be a sole proprietor ... ie ... entrepreneur

And from there a simple pre-paid debit card (Walmart Card or any Green Dot for example) will do just fine.

Oh.. didn't realise they would accept a debit card for a credit check
As long as it has a Visa, Master, Discover, or American Express logo

There are some other cards that you'll only find in Europe or Asia .... I forget their names .... But Google Checkout will accept them too.

As for payment ... All the above ... And eChecks and Wire too

No google checkout for Argentina. I can´t register a new account :(
I've become aware that they are starting to limit those who can be sellers.

Blame international laws on this. (Sorry) That seems to be an issue with PayPal too.

But you will still be able to purchase from someone who offers Google Checkout as a payment option.

Exactly why I stay as far away from Paypal as possible. I use Bitcoin, Dwolla (if the other person is located in the US), and Stripe as a last resort. I am currently in the middle of developing an idea of mine which would involve integrating XenForo into the website, I may create some add-on's for these payment processors and release them publicly.

Exactly why I stay as far away from Paypal as possible. I use Bitcoin, Dwolla (if the other person is located in the US), and Stripe as a last resort. I am currently in the middle of developing an idea of mine which would involve integrating XenForo into the website, I may create some add-on's for these payment processors and release them publicly.
Dwolla looks promising .... In the middle of signing up for it.

So does Stripe ......

Always good to have options for the future.... Still prefer Google Checkout though. :)

Top Bottom