I've been looking into switching to a different forum software for quite a while now. I currently run a forum that uses PHPbb 3.0.11 and I'm trying to convince our webmaster to switch over to Xenforo. PHPbb is alright but it feels very outdated and has a clumsy design. Many of our users have also found that it's riddled with bugs and isn't very open to develop.
A little about our current setup:
- 66,000+ users
- 358,000+ posts
- 2.18GB database
- PHPbb 3.0.11
- Interface looks dated (I know this can be updated but our needs are very particular and PHPbb doesn't really cater to what we're looking for)
- User control panels aren't intuitive enough for our users, who are mostly 40+
- Admin control panel is clunky and unresponsive
- Will we lose any of our SEO ranking during/after switching to Xenforo?
- Would our users be inconvenienced in any way? (Forced password changes, profile changes etc.)
- Are we able to set the software up using IIS?
- Does the forum software have any spam countermeasures?
- Will our current IP, e-mail and username bans be carried across?
- Will post attachments be carried across?
- Will it be simple to set up our custom TapaTalk app with Xenforo?