Thinking of selling your vB license? Do It !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Doctor

Thinking of selling your vB license? Definitely Do it !

For IB to feel the real pain of their mismanagement ... they should see sales drop alot.
Reselling a vBulletin ... prevents IB from making more money until vB5.
If you want to show IB what you really think .... sell vB .. even if at a super cheap rate !

A real IB hater move would be to setup a website that resells vBulletin.
Ooohhh... that'd be nasty.
www.vBulletin-forsale.com

That logic would work with physical objects, not virtual licence numbers (wich cost nothing to generate, dont require algorythms to be generated, and are infinite).
Licences not used have the exact same effect. This does not hurt IB at all, while refunds take money out their coffers (that you could spend to invest in another board, or buy a buddy another board, wich would be much more productive actions than pulling childish tantrums like this).

There are over 100.000 licences out there. (ed note: that's quite a bit !) The biggest effect the new pricing wouldve had is hugely increase the used market size, thereby reducing new licence sales. If youre not transferring your used licence, keeping it or selling it, rest assured one will still be bought from the next seller.

The used market is what hurts IB, especially sale of v4 licences (since no revenue or fee will go to IB till v5 is out and IF users DO upgrade). People who go after used licences are strongly after vB, and actions like this would not pry them away from it.
Cancelling licences is just getting them suspended, thats all. Nothing new. You could just flame staff in private for the same effect if you want it the harder, more heroic way it would just take more time and test their patience till they break, since they probably are instructed to be patient with highly negative people).

So its pretty stupid of those people. I see fighting for the biggest, craziest fanboy leaderboard has gotten fiercer.

I wonder who will first think of writing "vbulletin sucks" with smoke in the sky, parachute jump as a group forming the XF initials, hanging xenforo logo/Kier photos in their marriage celebrations, tatooing brogan's face in their chests...
Nothing would surprise me anymore. People like this are ones that would easily misbehave and troll the customer forum just to rub their own ego and display themselves to the world as oppressed martyrs.

Code:
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?369055-Users-Canceling-Licenses

We have been through this before, they discuss Xenforo over there and we discuss vB here, I think that will always be the case, this is a forum of forum owners and vB will always be a topic for forum owners to discuss here.

To be honest, for what it is worth, I would not put up a vB 4 script on a server if it was free to me because I do not want to use vB 4, pay for updates, then buy a vB 5 license all over again.

We have been through this before, they discuss Xenforo over there and we discuss vB here, I think that will always be the case, this is a forum of forum owners and vB will always be a topic for forum owners to discuss here.

I'm assuming if it disrupts xenforo it wont. Which btw, it does. But we will leave that decision to the owners, we can both agree that decision doesn't fall on your shoulders? Yes, I knew you would agree. Now, you were saying...sacks of gold? In what form are they coming in?

LOL, I highly doubt members here will be censored because of the outcry of a few members.

What will happen next, making all vB words banned words in the ACP, banning discussion about importing vB databases, going back and deleting threads that discuss vBulletin issues ?

LOL, I highly doubt members here will be censored because of the outcry of a few members.

What will happen next, placing making all vB words banned words in the ACP, or banning discussion about importing vB databases ?

What that translates to is that you are becoming scared at the thought that you would not be allowed to post provocative threads and posts and are worried that you may have nothing to contribute but your "scorned" related tales?

Just your posts Anthony, of tales from long ago how you were scorned, crucified and burnt at the stake.

Like the future of the vB v. Xenforo lawsuit.

Face it folks, this is not going away anytime soon, so don't expect discussion about vB to disappear here.

Is it possible to simple focus more on the future than the past?

Yes dean it would. But I give you Anthony. Giving us all a running commentary of when bob last took a dump, what he had for dinner and the amount of gold bullion he received.

Shelley, if you want to bury your head in the sand you can, I guess that might pacify you in some way, but try not to control what is posted by other members here, we have been down that road before.

Shelley, if you want to bury your head in the sand you can, I guess that might pacify you in some way, but try not to control what is posted by other members here, we have been down that road before.

Not other members. You. You act like a victim, the only person on this earth that is hard done by. You spin the same tale over and over again. Like mjp advised. Go and sue the paperboy for delivering your newspaper 10 minutes late or do something about it.

Controlling, fear not. You still haven't spun your "tale of the day".

Whatever Shelley, I really have no time or desire to enter some highly ridiculous dialog with you on something and some issue that has already been discussed here many times already.

If you have a problem with the content that is posted on this forum, I guess you need to send Kier a note and have him ban the members who are going against your and Michael's will.

What will happen next, making all vB words banned words in the ACP, banning discussion about importing vB databases, going back and deleting threads that discuss vBulletin issues ?

I am not talking about banning users here nor banning vb words ...i am sick of people posting discussing same thing over and over can't we move on i know everyone suffered due to IB but we can't do anything crying out loud on every topic going back and forth on same story .

What was that? Your not doing anything about it Anthony? because from that response I'm sensing you are just feeling sorry for yourself, Be a hero act now, that's what your dictating others to do. What have you done to improve the situation? Improve in the way of relations with uncle bob? You don't want to talk about it now, that's a shame because you sure enough like telling other members what they should do, what they did wrong.

Let it all out. I'll just point the radio antenna in your direction so I can pickup the background noise.

Remember what Kier said about this ?

Here, I will rephrase it for you all since I don't want to find the post at the moment.

"How about we all let each other post what we want to post, and if something is inappropriate we will have the moderators zap it"

What that means in 'English English' is...... members here need to quit being wanna be mods and let the Xenforo moderators do their jobs.

Whatever Shelley, I really have no time or desire to enter some highly ridiculous dialog with you on something and some issue that has already been discussed here many times already.

If you have a problem with the content that is posted on this forum, I guess you need to send Kier a note and have him ban the members who are going against your and Michael's will.
Just finished watching Kingdom of Heaven as it came on TV. Not the greatest movie and from a historical point of view a huge pile of BS anyway, but even with all its defects, it shows what a dumb idea these Crusades were.

Get the idea? If not, forget it.

lol so you think everyone who are sick and tired of seeing these stupids topics and opposing to stop it are wanna be mods . Zipping your mouth and watching the drama won't help someone needs to speak out .

Have any of you really ever thought of contributing to the topic the OP starts instead of *****ing about it.

Wow, to think some of you are actually forum administrators too !!!

LOL

Have any of you really ever thought of contributing to the topic the OP starts instead of *****ing about it.

Wow, to think some of you are actually forum administrators too !!!

LOL

Bit like you do in every other thread. Not even related to this company you love to drag on about.

Did you notice how anthony skilfully diverted the conversation away from "him telling what others to do" and what they are doing wrong" yet he still does nothing. The problem here my dear anthony, your postings and ramblings lack substance. I couldn't possibly tell others what do to hurt this company when all you do is sit on your backside and do nothing.

Exactly what have you done to improve your situation? That question still stands.

Shelley, it is late and you are rambling a lot of rubbish terribly that many including myself will not be able to comprehend properly, so I would advise that you get some sleep and try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom