Think my forums are about to blow up!

Kane Hart

oee4Ted.png

Wow. I willing to take some of the stress off your servers. Send half of them to my forum. No need to thank me I'm just glad I can help.

How many are normally online?

James

Wow. I willing to take some of the stress off your servers. Send half of them to my forum. No need to thank me I'm just glad I can help.

How many are normally online?

James
1-3k. This is our Terraria Online Forums. Downside more viewers then posters normally. Just because the nature of people usually only looking up content. But still amazing.

Most big forums I have been on have been like that. The way I look at it is, each guest is a potential member down the road.

I have a long way to go to see that on my forum.

James

Our biggest issue we had to bring down the online member list down /4 because it was actually killing a lot of resources for us. I guess Xenforo does not cache this list and a bit odd at that. You think it run a job every 60 seconds or so and update a cache file of online members rather then hammer the DB everytime.

Our biggest issue we had to bring down the online member list down /4 because it was actually killing a lot of resources for us. I guess Xenforo does not cache this list and a bit odd at that. You think it run a job every 60 seconds or so and update a cache file of online members rather then hammer the DB everytime.

The bigger boards we host, seems Memcache handles the member online list well. Might want to give it a try and see if it improves performance for you.

I love terraria I just downloaded the tablet version last week too lol I wouldn't doubt I was one of those lurkers in the past week! haha

1-3k. This is our Terraria Online Forums. Downside more viewers then posters normally. Just because the nature of people usually only looking up content. But still amazing.
Nice work man! I have been there once but it did not last. WOW! Love it! Please tell me your server architecture... How much RAM and what kind of processor are you using? Are you using many server or one? Do you have a separate database server?

Just knowing this will be HUGE for me :)

I wish you the best!

Top Bottom