1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things sure have changed...

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Peggy, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

When I was a moderator here back in the very beginning, we weren't permitted to close ANY thread. I did close two, and they were opened right back up (not by me). I was told that we didn't want to be viewed as a community where people couldn't or wouldn't speak their mind for fear of their thread being closed.

Times, they have a'changed. :rolleyes:
    *counts the minutes til this thread is closed*
    Big Dan, Disrelation, borbole and 7 others like this.
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

This thread has reached it's purpose, /Closed.

Insy, Jeffin, 8thos and 2 others like this.
  3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Ha. lol
  4. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Oranges and Apples.

I'm sure 2 years ago you didn't have people posting intentionally provocative threads in a futile attempt to intentionally cause drama and fan the flames of an already less than ideal solution.

I assume thats what your post is referencing Peggy.
  5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Provocative threads? Fanning flames? Oh we did.
  6. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If your trying to compare the situation today with the situation 2 years ago... then yes, your right... times have changed.
    hellreturn and BamaStangGuy like this.
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Apples and Oranges.
    Sometimes a good thread lock is a good thing.

People are worried about our beloved Xenforo.
    The captains have jumped ship and even though they still telnet back in from time to time, people are still worried.

and ... at the same time .... people forget the ship is the best ship out there.

It's a confusing time. Especially when the captains won't talk to you.

But I'm still loving the ship !!

Other analogies:
    Brisco = Schettino
    vBulletin = Titanic

Mr_Bob, Garamond, Saeed and 3 others like this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Well ... yes and no.
    I know what you are saying, but in reality, as good as Xenforo is .... Mike and Kier haven't been able to nurture Xenforo and the community. They have the skills and vision (which vB might not) but the situations at hand have taken a great toll on them. And people are mad that they haven't been told the full story much.
    Disrelation and bogus like this.
  9. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

Guys lets not forgot that Kier and Mike were the best developer to keep this community active and alive with their helpful post in most threads created. We are talking like this situation is happening for years its just 3-5 months and the software is rocking with no major bugs.
  10. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Another one of those, look at me threads. Those sure never get old.
  11. Vicros

Vicros Active Member

Things have changed because theres things KAM doesnt want getting out to the public before they get to say it ( if they ever do because they dont say much now a days anyway ). They are hiding things and not telling the community on purpose, its not an accident they dont get on here and say hey guys..blah blah blah. I see the problems and the issues they are dealing with the lawsuit but intentionally ignoring their business doesnt come at that price. They are just leaning on the fact that some members are still around and they hope to keep it going while they are away, sure the lawsuit sucks and its horrible that they have to go through it after all their hard work but... ignoring the community isnt the best decision. I do not know the full situation with the lawsuit but as far as KAM, there is some information out there to the inside of things...

we will wait and see how this all unfolds.
  12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Look at me thread?
  13. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

15. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Well-Known Member

Sure they were, except it was all about vBulletin... Now its about Xenforo.. :)
  16. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

You again... :rolleyes:
    Krafty, jonsidneyb and BamaStangGuy like this.
  17. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

We all know why he is here and it isn't to contribute to xenForo.

Screen Shot 2012-09-11 at 11.01.01 PM.png
    Disrelation and jonsidneyb like this.
  18. David_

David_ Active Member

When comparing it to the situation of 2 years ago, do you feel that the community is in a better place than it was?
  19. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I could lock this to put a stop to the subtle personal jabs that are already beginning, but then I would have to spend the next 3 hours fielding complaints about the lock. So carry on I guess.
    Peggy, Paul, Banana Pup and 1 other person like this.
  20. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

It's futile Peggy.
    Everything is just great here. Repeat.
    Peggy, Paul, Joeychgo and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.