TheVideoGameForum

Pretty creative colors and logo. Only thing I'd change is maybe lighten up the dark grey of the bb quote area.

Thanks guys. We are open now but changes are still coming every day. We recently incorporated a gaming leaderboard with more to come and a whole bunch of other cool ad ons. We are trying to keep the forum clean which is why we only have 2 main threads, gaming and off topic. We want the forum to play more like a facebook / twitter feed than your traditional forum. It is all in place with a plan :) In case you missed it: www.TheVideoGameForum.com

I am trying to get my home page to look like this image I threw together. Can anyone lend a hand, advice or direct me to someone who I can hire to make the changes? Mind you, the image I threw together is just a mock up, general idea.

1.webp

I don't think the red border surrounding the .nodeList .categoryStrip & Breadcrumbs (other areas within the breadcrumbs) goes very well with the black background. Perhaps go with a dark border and add in some nice css3 cosmetics to spruce (category area) up a little.

Not bad, but I honestly thought the logo image was bugged out until you showed me your screenshot. It honestly looks as if it's supposed to be overlapping your nav bar, like this:

Screen%20Shot%202012-07-26%20at%209.01.25%20AM.png

It's pretty easy to get it this way, here's what I did:
  • Set #headerMover #headerProxy height to 212px
  • Set #logo height to 170px
  • Add the following to your css:
Code:
#logo > a
{
  position: absolute;
  display: block;
  top: 47px;
  z-index: 100;
}
Or, in case you're not sure how to do the above, simply add the following to EXTRA.css (though you'll have some wasted whitespace at the top)

Code:
#logo > a
{
  position: absolute;
  display: block;
  top: 77px;
  z-index: 100;
}

That said, I have to say I'm not a fan of the background color, it makes it look stale and old. If you're not sure what to do with it, have a look at http://subtlepatterns.com/

Top Bottom