XF 2.1 Theme house products not work in XF 2.1

Could you add the following to src/config.php and try to run the upgrade again to see if you get any more info back:

PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

Put the install and upgrade files back on the server.
Reload your site and get the error again then

Could you add the following to src/config.php and try to run the upgrade again to see if you get any more info back:

PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

do the above.

Enter your control panel and disable the addon.

See if that works.

Assuming that the upgrade itself was successful:

(Standard "Utterly Broken Installation Recovery Procedure")

Put
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
into config.php.

Afterwards you should be able to log into your admin control panel.

Go to Add-ons and disable all of them except official XenForo Add-ons, check if the base system does work normally with the default style.
(If you do not have an unmodified default style, create a new one without parent and make it default).

Afterwards, comment out the line you just added to config.php (it's only for emergency recovery).

Start enabling Add-ons one by one and test after each Add-on until you hit one that causes (fatal) errors.
If you hit one, uncomment the line, go back to admin control panel, disable the offending Add-on, comment the line and continue with the next Add-on after the one causing problems.

Unless you have Add-ons installed that are doing really, really bad things this should get you back on track.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Assuming that the upgrade itself was successful:

(Standard "Utterly Broken Installation Recovery Procedure")

Put
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
into config.php.

Afterwards you should be able to log into your admin control panel.

Go to Adds-on and disable all of them except official XenForo Add-ons, check if the base system does work normally with the default style.
(If you do not have an unmodified default style, create a new one without parent and make it default).

Afterwards, comment out the line your just added to config.php (it's only for emergency recovery).

Start enabling Add-ons one by one and test after each Add-on until you hit one that causes (fatal) errors.
If you hit one, uncomment the line, got back up admin control panel, disable the offending Add-on, comment the line and continue with the next Add-on after the one causing problems.

Good luck :)
LOVE YOU MAN 🥰🥰
Work :)

2.1 + Theme House Xpress working fine. Thanks again for help guys especially a @Kirby

Now see a error massage (every thing work fine): One or more add-ons currently have actions pending and may be in an inconsistent state. Because of this, some errors may be suppressed and unexpected behavior may occur. If this does not change shortly, please contact the add-on author for guidance.

The beta is out for 2-3 days and you guys already expect addons working for 2.1?

The beta has got bugs, too. So why should any dev rush their addons to make it compatible with 2.1, when 2.1 isn't stable yet anyway?

And then guys like ThemeHouse that have tens of styles will have a longer time to make everything compatible. Specially with their frameworks and so on.

You guys should wait a good 4 weeks at least, before stuff is stable enough. Officially you should wait for the official stable 2.1 release before expecting official stable addon releases.

The beta is out for 2-3 days and you guys already expect addons working for 2.1?

The beta has got bugs, too. So why should any dev rush their addons to make it compatible with 2.1, when 2.1 isn't stable yet anyway?

And then guys like ThemeHouse that have tens of styles will have a longer time to make everything compatible. Specially with their frameworks and so on.

You guys should wait a good 4 weeks at least, before stuff is stable enough. Officially you should wait for the official stable 2.1 release before expecting official stable addon releases.

This is my mistake, i check every month if there is any update, if is, i upload the files go to /install and update in 2 minutes with out any problem but this time a big update :)

Reactions: sbj

@sbj I am not sure who "you guys" is in reference to, but asking a provider what their schedule is for updates to paid add-ons is not asking for Christmas to arrive early or expecting something out of the norm. Add-on developers are ideally on the pulse of what XenForo is working on and what they have in the pipeline - therefore they should also have their own plans and estimated delivery dates to 'ideally' have updated content for their customers to allow both the add-on provider and the customer to work towards efficient upgrades.

So I do not believe, unless I missed something in this thread, that anyone was acting out of sorts or demanding an immediate end date to be fully vetted for a product release that is currently in an unsupported Beta.

More importantly, it is more of an assistance to provide beneficial 'best practices' to people such as @adnanbcn who may not be tech savvy or up to your level of understanding on how 'things should work' versus chastising them. Many people turn to a solution such as XenForo because it requires little technical knowledge to operate and fulfills a need that is both price point friendly and third party developer marketplace intensive.

People make mistakes and they learn best practices the hard way when they are new to something. It is much better to guide people with compassion rather than try to act as though you are reprimanding one of your children.

So, to this end, I do not think anyone expects third party updates during the Beta phase -- but we do, or I at least I surely do, expect that the add-on vendors have some plan or idea in place for when they expect to have a little better grasp on being able to upgrade their add-ons to match any new version of XenForo.

@Chernabog

No need to be uptight like that. I am just warning people and trying to explain what they should expect, if they wish to have no problems. So I was just trying to help.

With "you guys" I meant all those people, who updated their running sites to 2.1 or wanna do that soon.

Also you coud have saved your time, if you just went 1 page back to see the official ThemeHouse statement about their situation.

It is just if you disregard all warnings of the official statements and go on installing 2.1 without checking your addons being compatible or not, it means passively a) you expected them working or b) (how can I put it nicely) you "forgot" to check the situations.

In any case, I was just trying to warn people.

@Chernabog

No need to be uptight like that. I am just warning people and trying to explain what they should expect, if they wish to have no problems. So I was just trying to help.

With "you guys" I meant all those people, who updated their running sites to 2.1 or wanna do that soon.

Also you coud have saved your time, if you just went 1 page back to see the official ThemeHouse statement about their situation.

It is just if you disregard all warnings of the official statements and go on installing 2.1 without checking your addons being compatible or not, it means passively a) you expected them working or b) (how can I put it nicely) you "forgot" to check the situations.

In any case, I was just trying to warn people.

I have not upgraded, because I am waiting for a stable release and I am also not uptight, trust me. However, maybe if you read your reply outside of your own impression of what you were trying to say you may realize it comes across as uptight and somewhat rude. No need to argue it or agree to disagree... I, personally, just did not find it a good example of what this community represents (happening a lot lately with this new release) or an effective way of helping someone.

To each their own... but thanks for the reply.

it comes across as uptight and somewhat rude
I, personally, just did not find it a good example of what this community represents (happening a lot lately with this new release) or an effective way of helping someone.
I just tried to warn people that is all. Don't mix up rudeness with warnings, those two may seem the same or similar, but the purpose is different.

Outside of the 2 posts (now 3) I have written in this thread, these are my recent last 10 messages out of 13.
In each of them I tried to guide people, just like I tried here.

Top Bottom